Aaron Sorkin's Drama Picked Up by HBO, Jennifer Garner Develops Comedy for ABC
HBO has officially picked up Aaron Sorkin's drama pilot to series. It has not been determined how many episodes will be ordered by the network, but it is believed to be around 10 episodes. The project itself, which was previously known as "More as This Story Develops", is still untitled.
The show focuses on a cable news anchor (Jeff Daniels), his new executive producer (Emily Mortimer), his newsroom staff (Alison Pill, John Gallagher Jr., Olivia Munn, Dev Patel, Thomas Sadoski), and their boss (Sam Waterston). "Together they set out on a patriotic and quixotic mission to do the news well in the face of corporate and commercial obstacles and their own personal entanglements," Deadline sums up the story.
Sorkin wrote and executive produced the pilot, which was directed by Greg Mottola. Scott Rudin and Alan Poul also served as executive producers. Although "The Social Network" scribe has written several TV series, it is the first time he develops a show for cable.
In another new TV series news, it is reported that Jennifer Garner, through her Vandalia Films, is developing a half-hour comedy at ABC Studios. Based on a book titled "The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth", the pilot is penned by "Easy A" writer Bert Royal.
According to Variety, the story "follows seven different students with distinct quirks and shows how those personalities will prove valuable in adulthood."
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Hold Off Marriage: They're Just Happily Dating
- Mariah Carey Enjoying Birthday Beach Getaway With Bryan Tanaka - See the Romantic Pic!
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Sidelined From 'DWTS' Due to Injury. Watch How He Hurt His Calf
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings