Reese Witherspoon Won't File Charges Against Elderly Car Driver
Reese Witherspoon will let her recent car accident pass. According to Us Weekly, the Elle Woods of "Legally Blonde" doesn't have any plan to press charges against the 84-year-old woman who struck her with a car while she was jogging in Santa Monica, California recently.
"The incident is being treated as an accident," a source explained why the actress won't likely to pursue the matter to court. "The driver was not given an alcohol test at the accident scene and typically she would receive a fine and a point on her driving license as it is considered a moving violation."
Reese got involved in the car accident on Wednesday (September 7) afternoon. Captain Judah Mitchell of the Santa Monica Police Department confirmed that the Oscar winner had the accident at around 11 A.M. while jogging at the intersection of 20th Street and Georgina Avenue.
An eyewitness told Us Weekly, "The driver seemed to have not seen her because of a large tree at the intersection...[Reese] was lucky, because it could have been much more serious." Because of the accident, the "Water for Elephants" actress was taken to a local hospital, while the driver was cited for failing to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk.
Shortly after the news broke out, the actress' representative released a statement assuring that the 35-year-old was "not seriously injured" and she is currently "resting comfortably at home". Meanwhile, Jason Biggs made light of the situation by posting a joke about the incident on Twitter.
The "American Reunion" star wrote, "I just heard the news about Reese Witherspoon doing a voice in 'Cars 3.' Wow!" His posting was quick to draw reactions from his followers, and one by the user name of MonkeysNCymbals tweeted, "This was probably much funnier in your head than it was on Twitter."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal