Reese Witherspoon Won't File Charges Against Elderly Car Driver
Reese Witherspoon will let her recent car accident pass. According to Us Weekly, the Elle Woods of "Legally Blonde" doesn't have any plan to press charges against the 84-year-old woman who struck her with a car while she was jogging in Santa Monica, California recently.
"The incident is being treated as an accident," a source explained why the actress won't likely to pursue the matter to court. "The driver was not given an alcohol test at the accident scene and typically she would receive a fine and a point on her driving license as it is considered a moving violation."
Reese got involved in the car accident on Wednesday (September 7) afternoon. Captain Judah Mitchell of the Santa Monica Police Department confirmed that the Oscar winner had the accident at around 11 A.M. while jogging at the intersection of 20th Street and Georgina Avenue.
An eyewitness told Us Weekly, "The driver seemed to have not seen her because of a large tree at the intersection...[Reese] was lucky, because it could have been much more serious." Because of the accident, the "Water for Elephants" actress was taken to a local hospital, while the driver was cited for failing to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk.
Shortly after the news broke out, the actress' representative released a statement assuring that the 35-year-old was "not seriously injured" and she is currently "resting comfortably at home". Meanwhile, Jason Biggs made light of the situation by posting a joke about the incident on Twitter.
The "American Reunion" star wrote, "I just heard the news about Reese Witherspoon doing a voice in 'Cars 3.' Wow!" His posting was quick to draw reactions from his followers, and one by the user name of MonkeysNCymbals tweeted, "This was probably much funnier in your head than it was on Twitter."
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'