Reese Witherspoon Hit by Car While Jogging, Suffers Minor Injuries
Reese Witherspoon's afternoon exercise ends up with a trip to the hospital. The Marlena Rosenbluth of "Water for Elephants" was rushed to the hospital on Wednesday, September 7 after being struck by a car while she was jogging along Georgina Avenue in Santa Monica, police confirmed.
The Oscar winner reportedly was treated for minor injuries resulted by the accident. Additionally, SMPD Sgt. Richard Lewis informed Santa Monica Daily Press that the car involved was traveling south on 20th Street around 11:14 A.M. and driven by an 84-year-old, who was cited for failing to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk.
The "Walk the Line" star is said to be currently resting at home after receiving treatment.
In another news, Reese opened up about her marriage to talent agent Jim Toth. In the October issue of Marie Claire, the 35-year-old admitted, "I was hard on myself when I got divorced. And until I got remarried, I don't think I realized how stressed I was. I feel so much relief. I don't think I recognized how anxious I was about being a single parent. It was really, really stressful. It's not easy on anybody."
The leading lady of "Legally Blonde" got divorced from actor Ryan Phillippe after eight years of marriage in 2007. They have two children together, Ava and Deacon. As for her current husband, she gushed, "I got very lucky, and he's wonderful. And so wonderful with the children."
More Reese Witherspoon News
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective
- Too Fat! Top Doc Says Mariah Carey Risks Heart Disease After Ballooning to 263 Pounds
- Girls' Generation's Tae Yeon and Hyoyeon Call Out NCT Stalkers on Instagram Story
- Jon Hamm Is a Hologram Husband in Eerie Trailer for Sci-Fi 'Marjorie Prime'
- Kendall Jenner Tries to Win Harry Styles Back by Posting Racy Photos on Social Media
- One Dead, Seven Injured After Ride Malfunctions at Ohio State Fair