MTV VMAs 2011: Lady GaGa's Jo Calderone Opens the Show With Brian May
Lady GaGa channeled her inner Jo Calderone once again when kicking off the 28th annual MTV Video Music Awards on August 28 at LA's Nokia Theater. Wearing a plain white tee, a blazer and dress pants, the Mother Monster explained to the crowd why it was a he, not a she, who appeared before them.
"Lady GaGa, she left me," Joe started. "She said it always starts out good but..." His monologue continued when he took a jab at his female self's antics. "For example, she gets out of the bed, puts on heels, she goes into the bathroom, I hear the water go on, she comes out of the bathroom, dripping wet and she's still got the heels on."
She rambled on, "What's with the hair? At first it was sexy. Now I'm just confused." She added, "She said I'm just like the last one. I'm not like the last one." The reaction from the crowd was priceless. Both Katy Perry and Britney Spears got the same shocked expression on their faces.
When the talk was done, Jo approached the piano and kicked in a powerful rendition of her latest single "You and I". He joined the dancer for a choreographed number before introducing Queen's Brian May. The guitarist's appearance got thumps-up from many including Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake