Nicki Minaj to Preview 'Fly' Video During MTV VMAs Pre-Show
After a long wait, it was finally announced that Nicki Minaj's "Fly" music video will get its first look unleashed soon. The Sanaa Hamri-directed clip which features Rihanna will get an official teaser during pre-show of the upcoming MTV Video Music Awards on August 28.
The video was filmed in January, and a sneak peek has been available in a form of on-set picture that shows Minaj and RiRi making sassy faces. "We're going to save the world in more ways than one with the video and that's all I can say about that," the femcee said. "I love Ri-Ri! I mean, when she's not grabbing my ass she's a sweet girl."
Premiere date for the video was, however, put on hold to give the Young Money MC a room to release "Super Bass" and its accompanying clip first. She actually had no plan to drop the single, but changed her mind after it got endorsement from Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez.
The MTV VMAs pre-show will be hosted by Gomez this year with Cobra Starship performing Sabi-assisted dance track "You Make Me Feel". Hours later, main show of the prize-giving event will be kicked off with Lady GaGa as opening act. The other performers are Lil Wayne, Chris Brown, Adele, and Bruno Mars. The presenters, meanwhile, include Jonah Hill, Rick Ross, Seth Rogen, Kim Kardashian and Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Brad Pitt Is Cocky General in Teaser for Netflix's 'War Machine'
- Oprah Winfrey Considers Running for President, Thanks to Donald Trump
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo