Nicki Minaj to Preview 'Fly' Video During MTV VMAs Pre-Show
After a long wait, it was finally announced that Nicki Minaj's "Fly" music video will get its first look unleashed soon. The Sanaa Hamri-directed clip which features Rihanna will get an official teaser during pre-show of the upcoming MTV Video Music Awards on August 28.
The video was filmed in January, and a sneak peek has been available in a form of on-set picture that shows Minaj and RiRi making sassy faces. "We're going to save the world in more ways than one with the video and that's all I can say about that," the femcee said. "I love Ri-Ri! I mean, when she's not grabbing my ass she's a sweet girl."
Premiere date for the video was, however, put on hold to give the Young Money MC a room to release "Super Bass" and its accompanying clip first. She actually had no plan to drop the single, but changed her mind after it got endorsement from Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez.
The MTV VMAs pre-show will be hosted by Gomez this year with Cobra Starship performing Sabi-assisted dance track "You Make Me Feel". Hours later, main show of the prize-giving event will be kicked off with Lady GaGa as opening act. The other performers are Lil Wayne, Chris Brown, Adele, and Bruno Mars. The presenters, meanwhile, include Jonah Hill, Rick Ross, Seth Rogen, Kim Kardashian and Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All.
More Nicki Minaj News
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5
- Kanye West and Everyone, Including Taylor Swift, Sleep Naked in His 'Famous' Video
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Confirms the Presence of A.R.G.U.S.
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Pixie Haircut at Givenchy Fashion Show With Bella Hadid and More
- Teresa Palmer Finds Someone's Name Carved in New 'Lights Out' Trailer
- Liam Hemsworth Defends His 2012 Engagement to Miley Cyrus
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'