Nicki Minaj to Preview 'Fly' Video During MTV VMAs Pre-Show
After a long wait, it was finally announced that Nicki Minaj's "Fly" music video will get its first look unleashed soon. The Sanaa Hamri-directed clip which features Rihanna will get an official teaser during pre-show of the upcoming MTV Video Music Awards on August 28.
The video was filmed in January, and a sneak peek has been available in a form of on-set picture that shows Minaj and RiRi making sassy faces. "We're going to save the world in more ways than one with the video and that's all I can say about that," the femcee said. "I love Ri-Ri! I mean, when she's not grabbing my ass she's a sweet girl."
Premiere date for the video was, however, put on hold to give the Young Money MC a room to release "Super Bass" and its accompanying clip first. She actually had no plan to drop the single, but changed her mind after it got endorsement from Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez.
The MTV VMAs pre-show will be hosted by Gomez this year with Cobra Starship performing Sabi-assisted dance track "You Make Me Feel". Hours later, main show of the prize-giving event will be kicked off with Lady GaGa as opening act. The other performers are Lil Wayne, Chris Brown, Adele, and Bruno Mars. The presenters, meanwhile, include Jonah Hill, Rick Ross, Seth Rogen, Kim Kardashian and Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All.
More Nicki Minaj News
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!
- Amy Adams Tries to Save The World From Aliens in Tense 'Arrival' Trailer
- Shania Twain Promises New Music, Carrie Underwood Gets Teary at CMT Artists of the Year
- Benedict Cumberbatch Is Expecting Second Child With Wife Sophie Hunter
- Ciara Drops Defamation Suit Against Ex Future Because She Has Too Much Money