Lady GaGa Talks Amy Winehouse and Slams Tim Gunn on 'The View'
Lady GaGa had a chat with "The View" hosts on Monday, August 1 during when they talked about many topics, including Amy Winehouse's sudden passing, her own history with drug abuse and Tim Gunn's criticism of Hillary Clinton's fashion choice.
Asked about how she reacted when hearing the death of talented artist Winehouse, GaGa admitted that she was "so devastated and so sad." She went on sharing, "I really couldn't speak for like 48 hours straight. I was in such shock."
The "Judas" songstress further talked about how media spinned things, "like, here, we can learn from Amy's death," while she does not think that "Amy needed to learn any lessons." Instead, she believes that "the lesson was for the world to be kinder to the superstar. Everybody was so hard on her, and everything that I knew about her was that she was the most lovely and kind woman."
When revealing how she stopped doing hard drugs, GaGa shared that she was embarassed when her dad knew about it. "I don't do any hard drugs anymore. I am a part of the green club sometimes. My dad was like 'I know what you're doing because I did and I lost every friend who ever meant anything to me'," she told the audience who cheered her.
Also on the same occassion, GaGa who is famous for her outrageous clothes spoke up about Gunn who recently criticized Secretary of State Clinton's "unflattering" pantsuits. "He's being a bully," the Mother Monster said of the "Project Runway" mentor. "I think Hillary Clinton has more important things to worry about than her hemline. I certainly don't. I certainly only care about my hemline."
Beside serving as a co-host, GaGa was also booked as a musical guest. Performing "You and I", she sat in front of a piano which sports a pattern matched with her outfit as well as her mic.
More The View News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen