Lady GaGa Talks Amy Winehouse and Slams Tim Gunn on 'The View'
Lady GaGa had a chat with "The View" hosts on Monday, August 1 during when they talked about many topics, including Amy Winehouse's sudden passing, her own history with drug abuse and Tim Gunn's criticism of Hillary Clinton's fashion choice.
Asked about how she reacted when hearing the death of talented artist Winehouse, GaGa admitted that she was "so devastated and so sad." She went on sharing, "I really couldn't speak for like 48 hours straight. I was in such shock."
The "Judas" songstress further talked about how media spinned things, "like, here, we can learn from Amy's death," while she does not think that "Amy needed to learn any lessons." Instead, she believes that "the lesson was for the world to be kinder to the superstar. Everybody was so hard on her, and everything that I knew about her was that she was the most lovely and kind woman."
When revealing how she stopped doing hard drugs, GaGa shared that she was embarassed when her dad knew about it. "I don't do any hard drugs anymore. I am a part of the green club sometimes. My dad was like 'I know what you're doing because I did and I lost every friend who ever meant anything to me'," she told the audience who cheered her.
Also on the same occassion, GaGa who is famous for her outrageous clothes spoke up about Gunn who recently criticized Secretary of State Clinton's "unflattering" pantsuits. "He's being a bully," the Mother Monster said of the "Project Runway" mentor. "I think Hillary Clinton has more important things to worry about than her hemline. I certainly don't. I certainly only care about my hemline."
Beside serving as a co-host, GaGa was also booked as a musical guest. Performing "You and I", she sat in front of a piano which sports a pattern matched with her outfit as well as her mic.
More The View News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked