Report: Jennifer Lopez Gets Huge Raise for Returning to 'American Idol'
It is apparently just a matter of time before Jennifer Lopez is officially announced to return as a judge for another season of "American Idol". Latest report says a deal between the estranged wife of Marc Anthony and FOX is completed, although it has not been signed yet.
One insider tells TheWrap that J.Lo gets "a smidge over" $20 million with the new contract. This is a huge raise from the $12 million she reportedly earned for joining Randy Jackson and Steven Tyler on the judging panel of the singing competition last season. FOX and a representative for the singer/actress, however, have not commented on the matter.
Back in mid-July, a source told E! Online that J.Lo has agreed to serve as the judge on "Idol" once again, and the announcement could be coming "any day now". Meanwhile, her fellow judges Jackson and Tyler have officially signed up for season 11, which will premiere in January 2012.
More American Idol News
- Watch the Leaked 'Avengers: Infinity War' Comic-Con Trailer
- Jared Leto Circling Lead Role in Sony's 'Bloodshot' Adaptation
- Rihanna and Cara Delevingne Go Braless at 'Valerian' Paris Premiere
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes