Lauryn Hill Rules Out Rohan Marley as Father of Sixth Child
Though she has five children together with Rohan Marley, Lauryn Hill has just made it clear that he is not the father of her sixth child. Words have run rampant that the son of Bob Marley abandoned her while she was pregnant, but the former member of The Fugees said the otherwise in a statement released via Twitter.
"Mr. Marley and I have a long and complex history about which MANY inaccuracies have been reported since the beginning," the 36-year-old began her statement. "To speculate without the facts can only cause people to form WRONG conclusions. We both value privacy and for that reason defend and preserve our right to it."
The songstress continued on, "Contrary to the numerous reports, Mr. Marley did not abandon me while pregnant with his child. We have had long periods of separation over the years but our 5 children together remain a joy to both of us. Thank you for your concern and I appreciate all of the well wishes regarding the birth of my new son."
Lauryn gave birth to a baby boy on Saturday, July 23 evening. A source told BlackCelebKids.com that the singer "had a little scare because the baby came out the womb with the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck." The source added, "All is well now and everyone is happy." It was also noted, "Mother and baby are fine."
Two days after the birth of Lauryn's son, Rohan sent his well wishes to the mother of his five children. "I'm forwarding all well wishes to Ms. Hill on the birth of her new son. I'm sure she'll appreciate the love being sent to her RASTAFARI R.M.," so he wrote on his Twitter page at the time.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7