Nicki Minaj's Cousin Possibly Murdered Over Mistaken Identity
Nicki Minaj's cousin may have been killed in a case of mistaken identity. Speaking about the murder, relatives revealed that the "Moment 4 Life" raptress and her family believe Nicholas Telemaque was not the intended victim in the brutal shooting taking place in the early hours of Monday (July 4) in Brooklyn, New York City.
"Nicholas was a quiet person but he could be the life and soul of the party too - he did not run with gangs or anything like that," cousin Carol Clarke told Radar Online. "His friends have told us there wasn't any trouble that night and we believe it could have been a case of mistaken identity but the police are still investigating the case."
27-year-old Nicholas was found with gunshot wounds at 2:40 A.M. on Monday after police responded to a 911 call in East Flatbush, Brooklyn. An NYPD spokesman told E!, "He was the victim of multiple gunshot wounds in his upper torso." Cousin Carol confirmed the police's statement as saying, "He was shot in the chest as he walked towards his car close to his home."
Nicholas, who had prior arrests for marijuana possession and driving on a suspended license, was shot after walking out of C-PAC nightclub. He was rushed to Kings County Hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival. The NYPD are still investigating the case and no arrests have been made.
Nicki Minaj broke the news of Nicholas' murder through Twitter on Monday. The 26-year-old MC posted, "Lived in Brooklyn his whole life. My precious cousin. My baby. Killed last nite." She followed it up with another tweet that read, "*My cousin Nicholas. Also goes by Juse, or @brolicalcoholic* Murdered. Last nite. Near his home. Brooklyn,NY."
Speaking of how Nicki handled her cousin's tragic passing, cousin Carol told Radar, "Nicki is absolutely devastated as are all our family - she was very close to her cousin but now he has gone. She has reached-out to Nicholas' mom Victoria to offer her words of comfort but she is too distraught." She added, "We are still trying to make arrangements for his funeral but I will really miss him because he was a good person."
More Nicki Minaj News
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service