Nicki Minaj Pays Tribute to Murdered Cousin on Twitter
While many Americans are celebrating Independence Day on Monday, July 4, Nicki Minaj is mourning the tragic death of her cousin. The "Super Bass" raptress shared the heart-wrenching news on Twitter, revealing that a cousin, whom she refers to as Nicholas, was tragically murdered in Brooklyn, New York.
The 26-year-old MC first tweeted, "Lived in Brooklyn his whole life. My precious cousin. My baby. Killed last nite." Along with the message, she posted a picture of her late cousin. The "Moment 4 Life" hitmaker followed it up with another tweet that read, "*My cousin Nicholas. Also goes by Juse, or @brolicalcoholic* Murdered. Last nite. Near his home. Brooklyn,NY."
After Nicki made the announcement on the social networking site, messages of support from her fans quickly poured in. One in particular wrote, "love to you and fam nicki know how that s**t feels, lost my brother last year..there are some selfish people out there xxx rip," while another tweeted, "sorry for your loss hunX. God will pass his judgment , he is defiantly in a safe place God bless XXx xXX."
Nicki's fans are not the only ones sending their condolences upon hearing the tragic news. Former "American Idol" winner Jordin Sparks was among the first famous names responding to the raptress' tweet. She wrote, "Sending love & prayers to you and your family."
More Nicki Minaj News
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts