Nicki Minaj Pays Tribute to Murdered Cousin on Twitter
While many Americans are celebrating Independence Day on Monday, July 4, Nicki Minaj is mourning the tragic death of her cousin. The "Super Bass" raptress shared the heart-wrenching news on Twitter, revealing that a cousin, whom she refers to as Nicholas, was tragically murdered in Brooklyn, New York.
The 26-year-old MC first tweeted, "Lived in Brooklyn his whole life. My precious cousin. My baby. Killed last nite." Along with the message, she posted a picture of her late cousin. The "Moment 4 Life" hitmaker followed it up with another tweet that read, "*My cousin Nicholas. Also goes by Juse, or @brolicalcoholic* Murdered. Last nite. Near his home. Brooklyn,NY."
After Nicki made the announcement on the social networking site, messages of support from her fans quickly poured in. One in particular wrote, "love to you and fam nicki know how that s**t feels, lost my brother last year..there are some selfish people out there xxx rip," while another tweeted, "sorry for your loss hunX. God will pass his judgment , he is defiantly in a safe place God bless XXx xXX."
Nicki's fans are not the only ones sending their condolences upon hearing the tragic news. Former "American Idol" winner Jordin Sparks was among the first famous names responding to the raptress' tweet. She wrote, "Sending love & prayers to you and your family."
More Nicki Minaj News
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle