Nicki Minaj Pays Tribute to Murdered Cousin on Twitter
While many Americans are celebrating Independence Day on Monday, July 4, Nicki Minaj is mourning the tragic death of her cousin. The "Super Bass" raptress shared the heart-wrenching news on Twitter, revealing that a cousin, whom she refers to as Nicholas, was tragically murdered in Brooklyn, New York.
The 26-year-old MC first tweeted, "Lived in Brooklyn his whole life. My precious cousin. My baby. Killed last nite." Along with the message, she posted a picture of her late cousin. The "Moment 4 Life" hitmaker followed it up with another tweet that read, "*My cousin Nicholas. Also goes by Juse, or @brolicalcoholic* Murdered. Last nite. Near his home. Brooklyn,NY."
After Nicki made the announcement on the social networking site, messages of support from her fans quickly poured in. One in particular wrote, "love to you and fam nicki know how that s**t feels, lost my brother last year..there are some selfish people out there xxx rip," while another tweeted, "sorry for your loss hunX. God will pass his judgment , he is defiantly in a safe place God bless XXx xXX."
Nicki's fans are not the only ones sending their condolences upon hearing the tragic news. Former "American Idol" winner Jordin Sparks was among the first famous names responding to the raptress' tweet. She wrote, "Sending love & prayers to you and your family."
More Nicki Minaj News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris