Nicki Minaj Pays Tribute to Murdered Cousin on Twitter
While many Americans are celebrating Independence Day on Monday, July 4, Nicki Minaj is mourning the tragic death of her cousin. The "Super Bass" raptress shared the heart-wrenching news on Twitter, revealing that a cousin, whom she refers to as Nicholas, was tragically murdered in Brooklyn, New York.
The 26-year-old MC first tweeted, "Lived in Brooklyn his whole life. My precious cousin. My baby. Killed last nite." Along with the message, she posted a picture of her late cousin. The "Moment 4 Life" hitmaker followed it up with another tweet that read, "*My cousin Nicholas. Also goes by Juse, or @brolicalcoholic* Murdered. Last nite. Near his home. Brooklyn,NY."
After Nicki made the announcement on the social networking site, messages of support from her fans quickly poured in. One in particular wrote, "love to you and fam nicki know how that s**t feels, lost my brother last year..there are some selfish people out there xxx rip," while another tweeted, "sorry for your loss hunX. God will pass his judgment , he is defiantly in a safe place God bless XXx xXX."
Nicki's fans are not the only ones sending their condolences upon hearing the tragic news. Former "American Idol" winner Jordin Sparks was among the first famous names responding to the raptress' tweet. She wrote, "Sending love & prayers to you and your family."
More Nicki Minaj News
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?
- Charli XCX Releases 'After the Afterparty' Feat. Lil Yachty
- Calvin Harris Flirts With Halsey on Twitter
- Kanye West Plays Birthday Video for Kim and Gives Her Shout-Out During 'Saint Pablo' Show
- Get Your First Look at Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie on 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set
- Madonna Lets Photographer Grab Her Crotch During Party. See the Pics!