2011 BET Awards: Chris Brown Leads Full Winner List With Five Kudos
June 26 becomes Chris Brown's big night at the 2011 BET Awards. The R&B singer has swept a total of five kudos out of six nominations he received. Beside Best Male R&B Artist and Best Collaboration he won early at the ceremony, he also grabbed FANdemonium Award, Viewers' Choice and Video of the Year.
In winning the Viewers' Choice, Breezy didn't go to the stage to accept the prize. Instead, it's Drake who collected the trophy from the hosts because there's some mix-up when the winner was announced. Presenter Tiffany Green first said the award goes to Breezy, but later corrected that it should be given to Rihanna.
Before the lights at the Shrine Auditorium were dimmed and the audience were sent home, host Kevin Hart made another correction that the true winner of the Viewers' Choice is indeed Breezy. He won for his "Look at Me Now" single which features Busta Rhymes and Lil Wayne.
The other winners at the awards show include Rihanna (Best Female R&B Artist) and Chris Robinson (Video Director of the Year). Beside honoring musicians and those working in music, BET also recognizes best in movie and sports. Taraji P. Henson and Idris Elba won Best Actress and Actor respectively. Serena Williams and Michael Vick were honored with Sportswoman and Sportsman of the Year respectively.
- Video of the Year: Chris Brown ft. Lil Wayne and Busta Rhymes - "Look at Me Now"
- Video Director of the Year: Chris Robinson
- Best Female R&B Artist: Rihanna
- Best Male R&B Artist: Chris Brown
- Best Female Hip-Hop Artist: Nicki Minaj
- Best Male Hip-Hop Artist: Kanye West
- Best Collaboration: Chris Brown ft. Lil Wayne and Busta Rhymes - "Look at Me Now"
- Best New Artist: Wiz Khalifa
- Best Group: Diddy-Dirty Money
- Viewers' Choice: Chris Brown ft. Lil Wayne and Busta Rhymes - "Look at Me Now"
- Best Gospel Artist: Mary Mary
- YoungStars Award: Willow Smith and Jaden Smith (tie)
- Centric Award: Marsha Ambrosius
- Best Actress: Taraji P. Henson
- Best Actor: Idris Elba
- Best Movie: "For Colored Girls"
- Sportswoman of the Year: Serena Williams
- Sportsman of the Year: Michael Vick
- Best International Act: Africa: 2face Idibia (Nigeria) and D'banj (Nigeria)
- Best International Act: United Kingdom: Tinie Tempah
- FANdemonium Award: Chris Brown
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Patti LaBelle
- Humanitarian Award: Steve Harvey
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says