2011 BET Awards: Idris Elba Wins Best Actor
2011 BET Awards has been held on June 26 at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. Among the stars attending the ceremony, Idris Elba came out as the winner of Best Actor. The actor starring as Roque in "The Losers" beat other nominees which included Chris Brown, Jamie Foxx and Don Cheadle.
As for the Best Actress award, the kudo went to Taraji P. Henson. The 40-year-old actress successfully took home the award after beating other nominees: Halle Berry, Zoe Saldana, Kerry Washington and Regina King.
The Sunday event also witnessed "For Colored Girls" winning Best Movie kudo. The Tyler Perry-directed film, which tells the story about nine African-American women who suffer personal conflicts, has defeated other contenders, "Death at a Funeral (2010)", "Why Did I Get Married Too?" and "Takers".
The BET Awards were given to celebrate African Americans and other minorities in music, acting, sports, and other fields of entertainment over the past year. This year, it hired Kevin Hart as the host, while the likes of Nicki Minaj, Beyonce Knowles, Trey Songz and Cee-Lo Green performed on the stage.
- Salma Hayek Suggests Donald Trump Tried to Manipulate Her Into Agreeing on a Date
- 'Doctor Strange' Actor Benedict Wong Confirmed for 'Avengers: Infinity Wars'
- Leonardo DiCaprio Had Another Near-Death Experience While Diving in the Galapagos
- Listen to Sia's 3 New Tracks From 'This Is Acting' Deluxe Version
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Set Pics: First Look at Kit Harington in Full Costume
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik