2011 BET Awards: Idris Elba Wins Best Actor
2011 BET Awards has been held on June 26 at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. Among the stars attending the ceremony, Idris Elba came out as the winner of Best Actor. The actor starring as Roque in "The Losers" beat other nominees which included Chris Brown, Jamie Foxx and Don Cheadle.
As for the Best Actress award, the kudo went to Taraji P. Henson. The 40-year-old actress successfully took home the award after beating other nominees: Halle Berry, Zoe Saldana, Kerry Washington and Regina King.
The Sunday event also witnessed "For Colored Girls" winning Best Movie kudo. The Tyler Perry-directed film, which tells the story about nine African-American women who suffer personal conflicts, has defeated other contenders, "Death at a Funeral (2010)", "Why Did I Get Married Too?" and "Takers".
The BET Awards were given to celebrate African Americans and other minorities in music, acting, sports, and other fields of entertainment over the past year. This year, it hired Kevin Hart as the host, while the likes of Nicki Minaj, Beyonce Knowles, Trey Songz and Cee-Lo Green performed on the stage.
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes