2011 BET Awards: Idris Elba Wins Best Actor
2011 BET Awards has been held on June 26 at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. Among the stars attending the ceremony, Idris Elba came out as the winner of Best Actor. The actor starring as Roque in "The Losers" beat other nominees which included Chris Brown, Jamie Foxx and Don Cheadle.
As for the Best Actress award, the kudo went to Taraji P. Henson. The 40-year-old actress successfully took home the award after beating other nominees: Halle Berry, Zoe Saldana, Kerry Washington and Regina King.
The Sunday event also witnessed "For Colored Girls" winning Best Movie kudo. The Tyler Perry-directed film, which tells the story about nine African-American women who suffer personal conflicts, has defeated other contenders, "Death at a Funeral (2010)", "Why Did I Get Married Too?" and "Takers".
The BET Awards were given to celebrate African Americans and other minorities in music, acting, sports, and other fields of entertainment over the past year. This year, it hired Kevin Hart as the host, while the likes of Nicki Minaj, Beyonce Knowles, Trey Songz and Cee-Lo Green performed on the stage.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie