2011 BET Awards: Drake in Rihanna and Chris Brown Viewers' Choice Mix-Up
Near the end of BET Awards on June 26, presenter Tiffany Green announces Chris Brown as the recipient of Viewers' Choice. It was quickly corrected that the true winner is Rihanna. Calling the mix-up awkward, the other presenter comes to her rescue and invites Drake to accept the award instead.
"Well, that was awkward," Drizzy said agreeing with the host. He nonetheless said, "Thanks Rihanna for the opportunity." It seemed to make sense to give the award to Drizzy because he is RiRi's collaborator in one of the song nominees "What's My Name?", but BET makes it even more confusing by having host Kevin Hart announce at the end of the show that the real winner is Breezy.
Tiffany herself said it was BET which messed it up, not her. On Twitter, she wrote, "Bawling backstage. They totally f***ed me up. The tablet f***in said CHRIS BROWN....the TELEPROMPTER said Rihanna. What the F***?????? Goin home..... "
She continues, "So BET did that on purpose. Oh. I feel better. Look b***hes....Im not SLOW. lol They did the s*** on PURPOSE. F***ed up right? *shrug* smh. Everyone's comin up to me tellin me how good I did under those f***ed up circumstances. Welp. Im trendin worldwide. I gives no f*** what yall THINK happened. Cuz guess what? Im HERE. You Not. :) "
- 'Westworld' Reveals Who the Man in Black Is, but There Are Bigger Twists
- Madonna Accused of Getting Butt Implants After Onstage Twerk With Ariana Grande
- Jonah Hill Involved in Serious Car Accident in L.A. - Is He Okay?
- The Weeknd Scores Second No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Starboy'
- 'American Honey' Is Triumphant at British Independent Film Awards
- Artist of the Week: Zay Hilfigerrr
- Gwen Stefani Fails to Cover Her Neck Hickey During an Outing With Her Kids
- Find Out When Kim Kardashian Will Return to Social Media