2011 BET Awards: Drake in Rihanna and Chris Brown Viewers' Choice Mix-Up
Near the end of BET Awards on June 26, presenter Tiffany Green announces Chris Brown as the recipient of Viewers' Choice. It was quickly corrected that the true winner is Rihanna. Calling the mix-up awkward, the other presenter comes to her rescue and invites Drake to accept the award instead.
"Well, that was awkward," Drizzy said agreeing with the host. He nonetheless said, "Thanks Rihanna for the opportunity." It seemed to make sense to give the award to Drizzy because he is RiRi's collaborator in one of the song nominees "What's My Name?", but BET makes it even more confusing by having host Kevin Hart announce at the end of the show that the real winner is Breezy.
Tiffany herself said it was BET which messed it up, not her. On Twitter, she wrote, "Bawling backstage. They totally f***ed me up. The tablet f***in said CHRIS BROWN....the TELEPROMPTER said Rihanna. What the F***?????? Goin home..... "
She continues, "So BET did that on purpose. Oh. I feel better. Look b***hes....Im not SLOW. lol They did the s*** on PURPOSE. F***ed up right? *shrug* smh. Everyone's comin up to me tellin me how good I did under those f***ed up circumstances. Welp. Im trendin worldwide. I gives no f*** what yall THINK happened. Cuz guess what? Im HERE. You Not. :) "
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting