Marvel Studios NOT Coming to Hall H at 2011 Comic Con
A few weeks ago, reports went viral that Warner Bros. Pictures, Walt Disney, DreamWorks, and The Weinstein Company skipped San Diego Comic Con 2011. Now, Marvel Studios confirms that they will sit out Hall H at the convention.
Last year, Marvel Studios made an attention-grabbing panel by announcing the cast line-up of "The Avengers". As for this year, leaders of the studio opt not to use the 6,000-seat hall since the movie is not "prepared to compete with its own past and wild fan expectations."
However, the leaders at Marvel Studios detail to Los Angeles Times that "sitting out Hall H is not synonymous with sitting out Comic-Con." The publication also reports that there is talk about a promotional event, which is likely related to "Captain America: The First Avenger". This suggests that there may be a special screening or debut for the superhero movie.
Although "Captain America" is absent from the event, Marvel Universe will still deliver a presentation in Hall H. Columbia Pictures will hold a panel for "The Amazing Spider-Man", in which Andrew Garfield and director Marc Webb will attend.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival