Marvel Studios NOT Coming to Hall H at 2011 Comic Con
A few weeks ago, reports went viral that Warner Bros. Pictures, Walt Disney, DreamWorks, and The Weinstein Company skipped San Diego Comic Con 2011. Now, Marvel Studios confirms that they will sit out Hall H at the convention.
Last year, Marvel Studios made an attention-grabbing panel by announcing the cast line-up of "The Avengers". As for this year, leaders of the studio opt not to use the 6,000-seat hall since the movie is not "prepared to compete with its own past and wild fan expectations."
However, the leaders at Marvel Studios detail to Los Angeles Times that "sitting out Hall H is not synonymous with sitting out Comic-Con." The publication also reports that there is talk about a promotional event, which is likely related to "Captain America: The First Avenger". This suggests that there may be a special screening or debut for the superhero movie.
Although "Captain America" is absent from the event, Marvel Universe will still deliver a presentation in Hall H. Columbia Pictures will hold a panel for "The Amazing Spider-Man", in which Andrew Garfield and director Marc Webb will attend.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'