Marvel Studios NOT Coming to Hall H at 2011 Comic Con
A few weeks ago, reports went viral that Warner Bros. Pictures, Walt Disney, DreamWorks, and The Weinstein Company skipped San Diego Comic Con 2011. Now, Marvel Studios confirms that they will sit out Hall H at the convention.
Last year, Marvel Studios made an attention-grabbing panel by announcing the cast line-up of "The Avengers". As for this year, leaders of the studio opt not to use the 6,000-seat hall since the movie is not "prepared to compete with its own past and wild fan expectations."
However, the leaders at Marvel Studios detail to Los Angeles Times that "sitting out Hall H is not synonymous with sitting out Comic-Con." The publication also reports that there is talk about a promotional event, which is likely related to "Captain America: The First Avenger". This suggests that there may be a special screening or debut for the superhero movie.
Although "Captain America" is absent from the event, Marvel Universe will still deliver a presentation in Hall H. Columbia Pictures will hold a panel for "The Amazing Spider-Man", in which Andrew Garfield and director Marc Webb will attend.
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video