Marvel Studios NOT Coming to Hall H at 2011 Comic Con
A few weeks ago, reports went viral that Warner Bros. Pictures, Walt Disney, DreamWorks, and The Weinstein Company skipped San Diego Comic Con 2011. Now, Marvel Studios confirms that they will sit out Hall H at the convention.
Last year, Marvel Studios made an attention-grabbing panel by announcing the cast line-up of "The Avengers". As for this year, leaders of the studio opt not to use the 6,000-seat hall since the movie is not "prepared to compete with its own past and wild fan expectations."
However, the leaders at Marvel Studios detail to Los Angeles Times that "sitting out Hall H is not synonymous with sitting out Comic-Con." The publication also reports that there is talk about a promotional event, which is likely related to "Captain America: The First Avenger". This suggests that there may be a special screening or debut for the superhero movie.
Although "Captain America" is absent from the event, Marvel Universe will still deliver a presentation in Hall H. Columbia Pictures will hold a panel for "The Amazing Spider-Man", in which Andrew Garfield and director Marc Webb will attend.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked