Marvel Studios NOT Coming to Hall H at 2011 Comic Con
A few weeks ago, reports went viral that Warner Bros. Pictures, Walt Disney, DreamWorks, and The Weinstein Company skipped San Diego Comic Con 2011. Now, Marvel Studios confirms that they will sit out Hall H at the convention.
Last year, Marvel Studios made an attention-grabbing panel by announcing the cast line-up of "The Avengers". As for this year, leaders of the studio opt not to use the 6,000-seat hall since the movie is not "prepared to compete with its own past and wild fan expectations."
However, the leaders at Marvel Studios detail to Los Angeles Times that "sitting out Hall H is not synonymous with sitting out Comic-Con." The publication also reports that there is talk about a promotional event, which is likely related to "Captain America: The First Avenger". This suggests that there may be a special screening or debut for the superhero movie.
Although "Captain America" is absent from the event, Marvel Universe will still deliver a presentation in Hall H. Columbia Pictures will hold a panel for "The Amazing Spider-Man", in which Andrew Garfield and director Marc Webb will attend.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart