Marvel Studios NOT Coming to Hall H at 2011 Comic Con
A few weeks ago, reports went viral that Warner Bros. Pictures, Walt Disney, DreamWorks, and The Weinstein Company skipped San Diego Comic Con 2011. Now, Marvel Studios confirms that they will sit out Hall H at the convention.
Last year, Marvel Studios made an attention-grabbing panel by announcing the cast line-up of "The Avengers". As for this year, leaders of the studio opt not to use the 6,000-seat hall since the movie is not "prepared to compete with its own past and wild fan expectations."
However, the leaders at Marvel Studios detail to Los Angeles Times that "sitting out Hall H is not synonymous with sitting out Comic-Con." The publication also reports that there is talk about a promotional event, which is likely related to "Captain America: The First Avenger". This suggests that there may be a special screening or debut for the superhero movie.
Although "Captain America" is absent from the event, Marvel Universe will still deliver a presentation in Hall H. Columbia Pictures will hold a panel for "The Amazing Spider-Man", in which Andrew Garfield and director Marc Webb will attend.
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia