Marvel Studios NOT Coming to Hall H at 2011 Comic Con
A few weeks ago, reports went viral that Warner Bros. Pictures, Walt Disney, DreamWorks, and The Weinstein Company skipped San Diego Comic Con 2011. Now, Marvel Studios confirms that they will sit out Hall H at the convention.
Last year, Marvel Studios made an attention-grabbing panel by announcing the cast line-up of "The Avengers". As for this year, leaders of the studio opt not to use the 6,000-seat hall since the movie is not "prepared to compete with its own past and wild fan expectations."
However, the leaders at Marvel Studios detail to Los Angeles Times that "sitting out Hall H is not synonymous with sitting out Comic-Con." The publication also reports that there is talk about a promotional event, which is likely related to "Captain America: The First Avenger". This suggests that there may be a special screening or debut for the superhero movie.
Although "Captain America" is absent from the event, Marvel Universe will still deliver a presentation in Hall H. Columbia Pictures will hold a panel for "The Amazing Spider-Man", in which Andrew Garfield and director Marc Webb will attend.
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'
- Anna Kendrick: 'I'd Be Terrible at Being Like Taylor Swift'
- This Is Your First Look at Gillian Anderson on 'American Gods'
- Tyga Caught With Mystery Blonde Following Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Demi Lovato Flaunts Her Naked Butt in Promotional Images for 'Body Say'
- Jonah Hill and Miles Teller Are Pro Money in New 'War Dogs' Trailer