First Sneak Peeks to 'Walking Dead' Season 2
AMC shares the first look at "The Walking Dead" season 2. Two pictures from the critically acclaimed show are released via the web, highlighting the zombies, with one of them capturing a close up look at a creepy female zombie.
The show is currently in production in Atlanta. "At this moment, I'm standing on a stretch of post-apocalypse interstate in Georgia, littered with abandoned cars and blessing my good luck to be reunited with our amazing cast, and our fantastic directors and crew," writer/director/executive producer Frank Darabont says in a statement.
"Across the board, there are none better. It's great to be shooting again. I think we've embarked on a great season," he continues. Brandee Brooks, the show's publicist, says they returned to Atlanta this season because the city "treated production crews so well."
The second chapter of the apocalypse-themed series consists of 13 episodes and will debut this fall. There are at least three new characters in the upcoming season, including Hersel who is the owner of Hershel's Farm, and a middle-aged ranch foreman called Otis.
"The Walking Dead" was recently announced among nominees of the inaugural Critics' Choice Television Award. It is vying for the coveted Best Drama Series title, up against the likes of "Mad Men", "Boardwalk Empire", "Dexter" and "Fringe".
More The Walking Dead News
- Kim Kardashian Bares Serious Underboobs While Going Topless in This Raunchy Selfie
- Metallica, The Strokes, The Weeknd to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza South America
- Justin Bieber Is Reportedly Pursuing Pamela Anderson
- 'Fast and Furious' Helmer Justin Lin to Direct 'Hot Wheels' Movie
- Miley Cyrus Fills In for Sick Ellen DeGeneres. Watch Sneak Peek of Her Guest-Hosting Stint
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Debuts Burgeoning Bump While Shopping for Baby in London