First Sneak Peeks to 'Walking Dead' Season 2
AMC shares the first look at "The Walking Dead" season 2. Two pictures from the critically acclaimed show are released via the web, highlighting the zombies, with one of them capturing a close up look at a creepy female zombie.
The show is currently in production in Atlanta. "At this moment, I'm standing on a stretch of post-apocalypse interstate in Georgia, littered with abandoned cars and blessing my good luck to be reunited with our amazing cast, and our fantastic directors and crew," writer/director/executive producer Frank Darabont says in a statement.
"Across the board, there are none better. It's great to be shooting again. I think we've embarked on a great season," he continues. Brandee Brooks, the show's publicist, says they returned to Atlanta this season because the city "treated production crews so well."
The second chapter of the apocalypse-themed series consists of 13 episodes and will debut this fall. There are at least three new characters in the upcoming season, including Hersel who is the owner of Hershel's Farm, and a middle-aged ranch foreman called Otis.
"The Walking Dead" was recently announced among nominees of the inaugural Critics' Choice Television Award. It is vying for the coveted Best Drama Series title, up against the likes of "Mad Men", "Boardwalk Empire", "Dexter" and "Fringe".
More The Walking Dead News
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip
- Katie Holmes Looks Gloomy Amid Rumor She Gets 'Dumped' by Jamie Foxx
- New 'Game of Thrones' Set Video Captures the Monumental Meeting
- Jay-Z to Host Clinton Concert Aimed at Young Black Voters in Ohio
- Here's the First Look at Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock on 'Ocean's Eight' Set
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years