Lee DeWyze Explains 'American Idol' Snubbing Drama
When Scotty McCreery was crowned season 10 winner of "American Idol" on Wednesday night, May 25, Lee DeWyze was nowhere to be seen on stage. After the finale, executive producer Nigel Lythgoe took to Twitter to share that the season 9 winner refused to take part. Lee, however, was quick to clarify why he turned down the offer.
Making use of his Twitter to clear up speculations, the 25-year-old singer first pointed out, "I was not asked to be involved in the Finale." He went on to detail, "It wasn't until about 2 minutes before they announced that Nigel had approached me and asked if he could 'borrow' me for a second. I didnt feel a last second jump on stage was appropriate. It was Scotty's moment."
"I appreciate American Idol, and the opportunity it has given me. And the people who have made that show possible. I am not angry, or bitter etc. It was an amazing Finale, and I would have loved to be a part of it. I just wasnt asked," he continued on. "Good luck to all the Contestants and stay true to yourself. Thanks everyone for your support, tour coming up... Good times :)"
In the long tweet, the "Sweet Serendipity" singer also congratulated both winner Scotty and runner-up Lauren Alaina. He wrote in the beginning of the posting, "I want to say congrats to Scotty & Lauren, awesome job. Well done Scotty!"
Lee did attend the finale on Wednesday night. He was seen taking a seat in the fifth row among the audience. Hours before he came up with the clarification, executive producer Nigel tweeted, "I was so upset Lee DeWyze wouldn't present the winners trophy to Scotty. Especially as he'd been on the show this Season. I guess he was shy."
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy