'The Governator' on Hold Due to Arnold Schwarzenegger's Personal Issues
"The Governator" is reportedly the latest victim of Arnold Schwarzenegger's marital woe. Contrary to previous report that the former California governor's infidelity scandal would not affect the TV series, a rep for the project has just said that "Governator" is now on hold.
"In light of recent events, A Squared Entertainment, POW, Stan Lee Comics, and Archie Comics, have chosen to not go forward with the Governator project," the rep told TMZ. It is not clear whether the project is completely dead or is just postponed until the buzz regarding Schwarzenegger's personal issues is over.
Just hours before, the "Terminator" star's lawyer Patrick Knapp announced that he delays his return to acting career. "At the request of Arnold Schwarzenegger, we asked Creative Artists Agency to inform all his motion picture projects currently underway or being negotiated to stop planning until further notice," he said in a statement.
"Gov. Schwarzenegger is focusing on personal matters and is not willing to commit to any production schedules or timelines. The movies 'Cry Macho, the 'Terminator' franchise and other projects under consideration," the statement continued. "We will resume discussions when Gov. Schwarzenegger decides."
Arnold Schwarzenegger was supposed to provide voice for a character based on himself on "Governator". It follows the actor who creates a secret identity as a crime fighter beneath his home - so secret that even his wife, Maria, and kids are unaware - after leaving the governor's office.
Andy Heyward, CEO of A2, recently assured that no changes will be made to the series despite Schwarzenegger's separation from wife Maria Shriver. "A2's Governator animated series and its lore is fictional and stands on its merits," he stated at that time, before adding "Of course we wish the family the best in this challenging time."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences