'Golden Voice' Ted Williams Heads Back to Rehab
Ted Williams, the man who became a household name for his golden voice, is going back to rehab. The 53-year-old's manager has informed TMZ that he will check himself into the Origins Recovery Center in South Texas, which is the same facility he was treated for his drug and alcohol dependency and left abruptly back in January.
His manager additionally mentioned that the YouTube sensation is expected to attend a 90-day program to "get his strength back" and to receive a "solid foundation in a 12-step program" this time around. As for his book deal and reality show, they have been put on hold until he completes the program.
10TV News met Ted at Port Columbus International Airport on Thursday, May 5. There, the former homeless man said, "I'm going back to get some real recovery and some rest. Dr. Phil's concerns and cares will not go in vain. I hope I can successfully complete this whole journey and come back and say, 'Hey Dr. Phil. I did it.' "
Back in early January, Ted agreed to seek treatment for his drug and alcohol dependency after a "lengthy one-on-one conversation" with Dr. Phil McGraw. Roughly two weeks after checking himself into rehab, however, he went against "medical advice" and ditched treatment. In a TV interview in February, he said his decision to check into rehab was "rushed".
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans
- Christoph Waltz in Talks to Join James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- Kim Kardashian Flaunts Entire Breasts in Racy See-Through Top for a Photoshoot in Mexico
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star