'Golden Voice' Ted Williams Heads Back to Rehab
Ted Williams, the man who became a household name for his golden voice, is going back to rehab. The 53-year-old's manager has informed TMZ that he will check himself into the Origins Recovery Center in South Texas, which is the same facility he was treated for his drug and alcohol dependency and left abruptly back in January.
His manager additionally mentioned that the YouTube sensation is expected to attend a 90-day program to "get his strength back" and to receive a "solid foundation in a 12-step program" this time around. As for his book deal and reality show, they have been put on hold until he completes the program.
10TV News met Ted at Port Columbus International Airport on Thursday, May 5. There, the former homeless man said, "I'm going back to get some real recovery and some rest. Dr. Phil's concerns and cares will not go in vain. I hope I can successfully complete this whole journey and come back and say, 'Hey Dr. Phil. I did it.' "
Back in early January, Ted agreed to seek treatment for his drug and alcohol dependency after a "lengthy one-on-one conversation" with Dr. Phil McGraw. Roughly two weeks after checking himself into rehab, however, he went against "medical advice" and ditched treatment. In a TV interview in February, he said his decision to check into rehab was "rushed".
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics