Ted Williams Checks Into Rehab After Brawl With Daughter
Ted Williams, a man with golden voice, is going to check himself into rehab after briefly detained by police following a heated argument with his daughter. Around a week after enjoying a meteoric stardom, the 53-year-old announcer agreed to seek help for drug and alcohol abuse after a "lengthy one-on-one conversation" with Dr. Phil McGraw.
Ted who has made his national TV debut appearance on "Today" has recently taped interview segments on "Dr. Phil". The first aired earlier this week, and the other reportedly broadcast on January 12. In one of those episodes, the formerly-homeless man admits he's still drinking, and that led Dr. Phil to convince him to go to rehab when the camera was off.
"If Ted is ever going to get better, he's got to be honest with himself and admit he's addicted to drugs and alcohol," said the psychologist and TV show host to People. "I've told him it's not going to be easy and it's going to take a lot of hard work. It might be a long journey for him, but this is a big step in the right direction."
Ted Williams "started messing up" his life and career when caught up with drugs and alcohol. During the "Today" appearance, he swore he's been sober for two years and won't make the same mistake again. To his mother when they first met for the very first time since being apart for a long time, he promised he would not disappoint her, insisting "I'm through with all that."
According to his daughter Janey in an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Ted "consumed at least a bottle of Grey Goose a night." She revealed more, "That's not including the Coronas he ordered, that's not including the Budweisers he ordered, the other alcohol, the wines. He drinks heavily."
Ted himself denied he was drinking, telling a different side of story "I wanted to bring it [family reunion] to a close by just saying 'shut the hell up and let me talk to your mother.' When that was said out of my mouth, my daughter exploded ... fists started flying, none of which were mine, none of which were mine..."
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape
- Zayn and Gigi Hadid Get Lovey-Dovey in This Pic as His Mom Asks Him to Dump Her
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?