Ted Williams Ditches Rehab, Dr. Phil Reacts
Roughly two weeks after checking himself into rehab to battle his drinking demon, Ted Williams left the facility. According to TMZ, the 53-year-old man with golden voice ditched the treatment against "medical advice" and went straight to airport afterwards.
Ted agreed to seek help for drug and alcohol dependency after having a private talk with Dr. Phil McGraw. He voluntarily went to Origins Recovery Center in South Texas. Meanwhile, his girlfriend is currently in rehab at the Safe Harbor facility in Costa Mesa, California.
In response to the news that Ted left rehab, Dr. Phil told CNN, "The decision to remain in treatment is Ted's to make." He continued, "We certainly hope that he continues his commitment to sobriety, and we will continue to help and support him in any way that we can."
According to his daughter Janey, Ted "consumed at least a bottle of Grey Goose a night." She revealed more, "That's not including the Coronas he ordered, that's not including the Budweisers he ordered, the other alcohol, the wines. He drinks heavily."
Before entering rehab, Ted gave an emotional message, pleading "Hey America, I'm going to get well. All I ask is that you don't forget me, please. ...I want you to know that your prayers are being answered as well as mine." He added, "Don't give up on me America. I'm on my way to get healthier."
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying if She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday