Ted Williams Ditches Rehab, Dr. Phil Reacts
Roughly two weeks after checking himself into rehab to battle his drinking demon, Ted Williams left the facility. According to TMZ, the 53-year-old man with golden voice ditched the treatment against "medical advice" and went straight to airport afterwards.
Ted agreed to seek help for drug and alcohol dependency after having a private talk with Dr. Phil McGraw. He voluntarily went to Origins Recovery Center in South Texas. Meanwhile, his girlfriend is currently in rehab at the Safe Harbor facility in Costa Mesa, California.
In response to the news that Ted left rehab, Dr. Phil told CNN, "The decision to remain in treatment is Ted's to make." He continued, "We certainly hope that he continues his commitment to sobriety, and we will continue to help and support him in any way that we can."
According to his daughter Janey, Ted "consumed at least a bottle of Grey Goose a night." She revealed more, "That's not including the Coronas he ordered, that's not including the Budweisers he ordered, the other alcohol, the wines. He drinks heavily."
Before entering rehab, Ted gave an emotional message, pleading "Hey America, I'm going to get well. All I ask is that you don't forget me, please. ...I want you to know that your prayers are being answered as well as mine." He added, "Don't give up on me America. I'm on my way to get healthier."
- Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Concerns Among School Officials and Health Experts
- Report: Taylor Swift and Harry Styles Getting Back Together
- 'DWTS' Stars Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Survive Attempted Break-In
- Heather Morris on Her 'DWTS' Elimination: 'I Was Very Happy for the Last Time to Be Amazing'
- Tyga's Afraid of Losing Kylie Jenner Forever as He Feels 'Threatened' by Travis Scott
- Hailee Steinfeld's New Song 'Most Girls' Will Arrive This Week
- Tiny's 'Nervous' to Divorce T.I.: Their Children Are Her Biggest Concern
- Madonna Slams Biopic 'Blonde Ambition'