Ted Williams Ditches Rehab, Dr. Phil Reacts
Roughly two weeks after checking himself into rehab to battle his drinking demon, Ted Williams left the facility. According to TMZ, the 53-year-old man with golden voice ditched the treatment against "medical advice" and went straight to airport afterwards.
Ted agreed to seek help for drug and alcohol dependency after having a private talk with Dr. Phil McGraw. He voluntarily went to Origins Recovery Center in South Texas. Meanwhile, his girlfriend is currently in rehab at the Safe Harbor facility in Costa Mesa, California.
In response to the news that Ted left rehab, Dr. Phil told CNN, "The decision to remain in treatment is Ted's to make." He continued, "We certainly hope that he continues his commitment to sobriety, and we will continue to help and support him in any way that we can."
According to his daughter Janey, Ted "consumed at least a bottle of Grey Goose a night." She revealed more, "That's not including the Coronas he ordered, that's not including the Budweisers he ordered, the other alcohol, the wines. He drinks heavily."
Before entering rehab, Ted gave an emotional message, pleading "Hey America, I'm going to get well. All I ask is that you don't forget me, please. ...I want you to know that your prayers are being answered as well as mine." He added, "Don't give up on me America. I'm on my way to get healthier."
- Mariah Carey Sizzles in Racy Latex Outfit While Reuniting With Nick Cannon for Halloween Party
- 'The Walking Dead' Reveals Negan's Victim(s) With Brutal Twist
- 'Boo! A Madea Halloween' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Rules Overseas
- Drake Announces 'More Life' Project, Previews 4 New Songs
- Ryan Gosling Could've Starred on 'Gilmore Girls'
- Are They Dating? John Mayer Spotted Getting Close to Demi Lovato While Hanging Out in LA
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester