Rep: Rupert Grint Not the Guy in Bong Photo
Contrary to earlier speculation, Rupert Grint is not the man pictured smoking pot from a bong. As the photo, which was reportedly taken at a "Harry Potter" cast party, made its round online on Thursday, April 21, a representative for the Ron Weasley of the boy wizard series immediately reached out to E! News and offered clarification to the false rumor.
"This is categorically NOT Rupert Grint. It is an impersonator/lookalike," Rupert's rep said. The rep also stated that the 22-year-old's camp are working to get the photo removed from Perez Hilton's blog, where the photo first came out. In shooting down the speculation, E! also noted that the red-haired man in the photo boasts built arms, while the actor is known for his lanky look.
Rupert will be seen as Ron for the last time when "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II" opens in theaters in July. Back in February, the "Cherrybomb" actor has stated that he is ready for a change. "Being in Harry Potter was obviously amazing, but I want to move away from the whole Ron Weasley thing now. I really want to play a baddie in a Batman film," so he told the Daily Star.
More Rupert Grint News
- 'Aquaman' Officially Casts Michael Beach in Potentially Significant Role
- FOX Sets Fall Premiere Dates for 'The Orville', 'Empire' and More
- Miranda Lambert Enjoys Singing About Heartbreak After Split From Blake Shelton
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Cleavage in New Instagram Pics
- Does Rae Sremmurd Break Up? Swae Lee Tries 'to Steal All the Shine' From Slim Jimmy
- Bill Cosby Plans to Lecture Young People on How to Avoid Sexual Assault Accusations
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Twins Finally Released From Hospital
- Brad Pitt Fired as the Depressing Weatherman on 'Jim Jefferies Show'. See His Reaction!