Christina Aguilera's Boyfriend Won't Be Charged With DUI
Christina Aguilera's boyfriend has been cleared from his DUI case. Just days after the singer's divorce from Jordan Bratman was finalized, TMZ reported that the Los Angeles County District Attorney has dropped the drunk driving charges against Matt Rutler because there is not enough evidence to prosecute him.
25-year-old Matt apparently was not too drunk when he was arrested and booked for suspicion of DUI in early March. Law enforcement officials informed the gossip site that at the time of his arrest, his blood alcohol content was determined to be .06, just below the .08 percent threshold for California's legal limit to operate a vehicle.
Christina and Matt had a run-in with the law on March 1. She was arrested for public intoxication, while he was for suspicion of DUI. The "Not Myself Tonight" singer was first to be released at 7:30 A.M., followed by her boyfriend hours later with bail set at $30,000.
On the singer's condition upon arrest, L.A. County Sheriff's spokesperson Steve Whitmore told Us magazine, "When she got out of the car, she couldn't stand. We had to help her stand. She didn't know where she was and she didn't know her own address." He added, "We took her into custody for her own protection."
More Christina Aguilera News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked