Christina Aguilera Officially Divorced From Jordan Bratman
After nearly five years of marriage, Christina Aguilera is officially divorced from her music executive husband, Jordan Bratman. Court records show that the divorce was finalized by a Los Angeles Superior Court judge on Friday morning, April 15 after the six-month waiting period required in California finally came to an end.
30-year-old Christina announced her separation from Jordan, with whom she has a three-year-old son named Max, back in October 2010. In a statement released via People Magazine, she said at the time, "Although Jordan and I are separated, our commitment to our son Max remains as strong as ever." Two days after the announcement, she filed for divorce in the Superior Court of California.
In the divorce petition, the "Burlesque" songstress cited "irreconcilable differences" as reason for the divorce and listed September 11 as the date of the separation. The documents also uncovered that the couple have a pre-nuptial agreement and that Christina is seeking joint physical and legal custody of their child.
Christina has since her separation from Jordan been dating Matthew Rutler. The singer and her boyfriend have reportedly paid a visit to his hometown of Newport, Rhode Island recently. Life & Style claimed during the stay, they checked into the Hyatt Regency Newport. A friend of Matt said, "I was told it was because she needed room service 24-7. And I know that when they left town, they flew out on her private jet."
More Christina Aguilera News
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna
- 'Scream Queens': Hester Will Help Find the Killer in Season 2. Is She No Longer the Bad Guy?
- Possible Main Villains in 'The Flash' Film Are Revealed, 'Doctor Strange' May Feature Brother Voodoo
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans