Christina Aguilera Officially Divorced From Jordan Bratman
After nearly five years of marriage, Christina Aguilera is officially divorced from her music executive husband, Jordan Bratman. Court records show that the divorce was finalized by a Los Angeles Superior Court judge on Friday morning, April 15 after the six-month waiting period required in California finally came to an end.
30-year-old Christina announced her separation from Jordan, with whom she has a three-year-old son named Max, back in October 2010. In a statement released via People Magazine, she said at the time, "Although Jordan and I are separated, our commitment to our son Max remains as strong as ever." Two days after the announcement, she filed for divorce in the Superior Court of California.
In the divorce petition, the "Burlesque" songstress cited "irreconcilable differences" as reason for the divorce and listed September 11 as the date of the separation. The documents also uncovered that the couple have a pre-nuptial agreement and that Christina is seeking joint physical and legal custody of their child.
Christina has since her separation from Jordan been dating Matthew Rutler. The singer and her boyfriend have reportedly paid a visit to his hometown of Newport, Rhode Island recently. Life & Style claimed during the stay, they checked into the Hyatt Regency Newport. A friend of Matt said, "I was told it was because she needed room service 24-7. And I know that when they left town, they flew out on her private jet."
- Ciara Hits Recording Studio
- Jason Momoa's 'Aquaman' Gets New Release Date
- Report: David and Victoria Beckham Are Separating
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie