Arrested for Public Intoxication, Christina Aguilera Dissed by Pink
Christina Aguilera has recently run into trouble with law. The "Dirrty" singer, along with her boyfriend Matt Rutler, was pulled over by cops on early Tuesday morning, March 1. She was reportedly extremely drunk and a nuisance, while Matt was allegedly driving under the influence.
She was arrested for allegedly violating California Penal Code 647(f) for public intoxication, and Matt was booked for suspicion of DUI. "When she got out of the car, she couldn't stand. We had to help her stand," L.A. County Sheriff's spokesperson Steve Whitmore said to Us magazine. "She didn't know where she was and she didn't know her own address. We took her into custody for her own protection."
Soon after the news spread on the web, Pink who is not very much of X-Tina's fan took it to her Twitter to diss her "Lady Marmalade" collaborator. She wrote, "Out of Myself, Britney, and Christina- didn't everyone think I was gonna be the troublemaker? LOOK MA!!! No CUFFS!!!"
When she was pulled over by police, Christina reportedly was on her way home after having a night out with Matt at Mario Batali's restaurant Osteria Mozza. TMZ reported they hung out in the private dining room past midnight, and drank "a bottle of wine... or two."
A mugshot of Christina has been revealed, and it's certainly not one of her better looks. Steve said that the picture was not meant to be released to public because authorities do not plan to press charges, but sometimes leak just happens especially when it comes to someone as famous as her.
Attorney Allison Margolin of Los Angeles' Margolin Law Office explained to The Hollywood Reporter of X-Tina's case, "I've never in my career heard of someone prosecuted while just being a passenger." Talking about the "public intoxication" allegation, Allison stated, "It's debatable if being a passenger in a car would qualify as being in a 'public space'."
Christina reportedly was released at 7:30 A.M., and was picked up by a man believed to be her bodyguard. Rutler, meanwhile, left police custody a few hours later at 9:30 A.M. with bail set at $30,000. Both of them were said to be "cooperative" with the officers.
More Christina Aguilera News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?