'American Idol' Result: Paul McDonald, the First Man Eliminated This Season
The male gang of "American Idol" season 10 has just lost one of its members. After five girls from the top 13 were sent home, Paul McDonald became the first guy eliminated from the show as the finalists were shrunk down to 7 on Thursday, April 14.
Paul was in the bottom three with Haley Reinhart and Stefano Langone. Rihanna took the stage for a performance before the final result was announced. When Ryan Seacrest came back, he gave the bad news to Paul. As his last performance on the stage he delivered "Maggie Mae" which he sang when auditioning in Nashville, Tennessee.
Opening the Wednesday performance show with "Old Time Rock and Roll", Paul actually did well as Steven Tyler praised his "crazy, wild abandon." Jennifer Lopez added, "It's just so great to watch...Good job."
The Thursday result show also saw Kelly Clarkson returning to "American Idol" as a musical guest, sharing stage with Jason Aldean.
More American Idol News
- Is Katy Perry Romancing Calvin Harris to Get Back at Taylor Swift?
- Miley Cyrus Makes Liam Hemsworth Jealous Over Her Pampering Sessions With Pet Pig
- 'Bachelorette' Recap: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Help Test the Guys' Husband Skills
- John Boyega Shows Finn's New Weapon in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Bella Thorne Gets Cuddly With Ex Gregg Sulkin After Super Quick Fling With Scott Disick
- Kourtney Kardashian Ready to Introduce Younes Bendjima to Her Family
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Is Not Hacked, Claims Disney CEO
- Niall Horan Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims, Makes 'On the Loose' TV Debut on 'Today'