'American Idol' Result: Paul McDonald, the First Man Eliminated This Season
The male gang of "American Idol" season 10 has just lost one of its members. After five girls from the top 13 were sent home, Paul McDonald became the first guy eliminated from the show as the finalists were shrunk down to 7 on Thursday, April 14.
Paul was in the bottom three with Haley Reinhart and Stefano Langone. Rihanna took the stage for a performance before the final result was announced. When Ryan Seacrest came back, he gave the bad news to Paul. As his last performance on the stage he delivered "Maggie Mae" which he sang when auditioning in Nashville, Tennessee.
Opening the Wednesday performance show with "Old Time Rock and Roll", Paul actually did well as Steven Tyler praised his "crazy, wild abandon." Jennifer Lopez added, "It's just so great to watch...Good job."
The Thursday result show also saw Kelly Clarkson returning to "American Idol" as a musical guest, sharing stage with Jason Aldean.
More American Idol News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna