'American Idol' Result: Paul McDonald, the First Man Eliminated This Season
The male gang of "American Idol" season 10 has just lost one of its members. After five girls from the top 13 were sent home, Paul McDonald became the first guy eliminated from the show as the finalists were shrunk down to 7 on Thursday, April 14.
Paul was in the bottom three with Haley Reinhart and Stefano Langone. Rihanna took the stage for a performance before the final result was announced. When Ryan Seacrest came back, he gave the bad news to Paul. As his last performance on the stage he delivered "Maggie Mae" which he sang when auditioning in Nashville, Tennessee.
Opening the Wednesday performance show with "Old Time Rock and Roll", Paul actually did well as Steven Tyler praised his "crazy, wild abandon." Jennifer Lopez added, "It's just so great to watch...Good job."
The Thursday result show also saw Kelly Clarkson returning to "American Idol" as a musical guest, sharing stage with Jason Aldean.
More American Idol News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy