'American Idol' Result: Paul McDonald, the First Man Eliminated This Season
The male gang of "American Idol" season 10 has just lost one of its members. After five girls from the top 13 were sent home, Paul McDonald became the first guy eliminated from the show as the finalists were shrunk down to 7 on Thursday, April 14.
Paul was in the bottom three with Haley Reinhart and Stefano Langone. Rihanna took the stage for a performance before the final result was announced. When Ryan Seacrest came back, he gave the bad news to Paul. As his last performance on the stage he delivered "Maggie Mae" which he sang when auditioning in Nashville, Tennessee.
Opening the Wednesday performance show with "Old Time Rock and Roll", Paul actually did well as Steven Tyler praised his "crazy, wild abandon." Jennifer Lopez added, "It's just so great to watch...Good job."
The Thursday result show also saw Kelly Clarkson returning to "American Idol" as a musical guest, sharing stage with Jason Aldean.
More American Idol News
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones