What will.i.am Has to Say to Pia Toscano and Other 'American Idol' Outcasts
"American Idol" has delivered one surprising result last Thursday night, April 7 with the elimination of Pia Toscano. While many celebrities were outraged by the result, will.i.am, who served as a mentor for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame week's performances, would rather to give the fallen contestant and previous outcasts a piece of advice.
"Learn from why you got eliminated," said the Black Eyed Peas member when asked by Entertainment Tonight at the Los Angeles premiere of "Rio". Sharing more of his words of wisdom on the blue carpet on Sunday, April 10, he added, "Just because they say 'no' doesn't mean that's it. I got told 'no' a bunch of times. I still get told 'no.' That doesn't mean I'm going to stop."
Pia has been one of the judges' favorites this season. Although she has never landed on the bottom three before, the 22-year-old aspiring singer got the least number of votes following her "River Deep, Mountain High" performance on Wednesday night. Soon after she got the boot from the competition, celebrities resorted to Twitter to express their disappointment.
Tom Hanks, for example, tweeted, "Don't have an IDOL habit, but how could the USA vote Pia off? I may be done for the season!" Meanwhile, Ashton Kutcher wrote, "Who are the people that vote on American idol? That's just crazy! That Pia girl is dope! #almostcriminal," and season 5 contestant Chris Daughtry noted, "What the crap!!?? I thought Pia was THE best singer on the show this year!"
Executive producer Nigel Lythgoe, however, stated that the result actually wasn't that much of a shocker. "Number one, I know the results so I know she was never a frontrunner," he explained. Though admitting he himself he "was pretty upset" upon learning about the result, he noted, "I've realized that at the end of the day, this is going to happen every week now because the talent is so strong."
More will.i.am News
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism