Pia Toscano Kind of Expecting to Be Eliminated From 'American Idol'
Fallen favorite Pia Toscano has spoken out about her shocking elimination from "American Idol". During a conference call with reporters on Friday, April 8, the 22-year-old aspiring singer revealed that she has had a feeling that she might at least land on the bottom three after her Wednesday night performance.
"It's funny because the night before I had a weird feeling in my stomach," she recalled. "And I said to my parents, 'You know, I kind of feel like I'm going to be in the bottom three tomorrow. And they said, 'No, no, be confident. You're going to be fine. You're going to be fine.' And then when it happened, it was kind of like I expected it. It was weird."
Although she was not completely surprised, the five-time "Idol" auditioner admitted she was still a little overwhelmed by the cut. In fact, she needed an escort by the medic to get off the "Idol" stage on Thursday night. Asked about the medical assistance, she explained, "I wasn't feeling too good then. It was a tough moment for me."
"While I was singing it was very, very hard for me to get through that song," she continued to share. "I was trying to take deep breathes and it wasn't working out too well. I was getting a little light-headed. Being in the position I was it was a little much for me."
On the outpouring supports she got from the celebrities, the New York makeup artist said, "It's amazing. Like last night, it wasn't that I was shocked that was leaving the contestants. I was upset that next week I wouldn't be able to perform again."
"I was just trying to stay positive and know that everything happens for a reason. But to have the support of a lot of celebrities right now and my fans is amazing and it's the best feeling in the world."
Speaking off Stefano Langone, Pia stated that her fellow contestant, who shared the bottom two with her on Thursday, deserves his spot in the top eight. "Stephano's a very good friend of mine. He's a good person."
"I mean the whole time was sitting down with him in the Bottom 3 he was like telling me, 'You aren't going anywhere. I'm the one that's goin.' And I'm telling him, 'No, you're not goin.' He deserved to be the top eight right now and he's an incredible talent."
Excited about what the future holds for her, Pia said she is "really looking forward" to the upcoming "Idol" tour. Reasoning "it's a much more laid-back situation," she further explained, "You just go out there and perform. I'm gonna do my up-tempos and I'm gonna do my ballads It'll be a nice mix."
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer