Celebrities React to Pia Toscano's Elimination From 'American Idol'
The elimination of frontrunner Pia Toscano from "American Idol" on Thursday night, April 7 did not only upset the judges and stunned the audience, but also sent shock waves through the celebrities. From "Idol" alums to "Jersey Shore" stars, many have taken it to Twitter to express their disbelief.
Upon learning about the result, Jennifer Hudson, who was also sent home despite of her rave performance on season three, first wrote on her account, "I can not believe they just eliminated pia ! ReAlly..????" Hours later, she posted another message that read, "Long as she walked away with that voice she will be alright !! Just hate to see talent like that go!"
Another former "Idol" contestant Kimberly Caldwell expressed her shock as tweeting, "Did Pia just get voted off idol?! She's too hot for people to take her seriously! That's crap". Similarly shock with the result was Sammi Giancola of "Jersey Shore". Her last two tweets read, "WHAT!!!!!!!!!" and "wow. upset over American Idol right now."
Sammi's cast mate, Snooki, meanwhile, has a stronger opinion about Pia's elimination. On her Twitter, she wrote, "Pia should have won the whole thing! I'm not watchin Idol anuymore. I'm with JLO on this one..." Comedian Marlon Wayans also has a say, "Pia eliminated not fair! Who do the teens wack off to now? Dammit life's not fair... Well kids, there's always j-lo".
Pia fell to the bottom three this week after taking on Tina Turner's "River Deep, Mountain High" on performance night on Wednesday. Joining her were Jacob Lusk and Stefano Langone. After it was unraveled that she was the one getting the least votes, teary Jennifer Lopez said, "I'm shocked. I'm angry."
After the show, host Ryan Seacrest took to Twitter to describe the atmosphere following the shocking elimination. "After we went off air no one in audience left their seat, everyone was in shock. Judges walked on stage to talk to her. @JLo was emotional," so he wrote. Pia herself has since tweeted, "I'm truly going to miss my idol family! Thank you @JLo Randy and Steven for believing in me. Love you and love my fans!"
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences