2011 Kids' Choice Awards Winners in Sport: Lindsey Vonn and Shaquille O'Neal
Winners of Nickelodeon's 24th Annual Kids' Choice Awards have been presented with their orange blimps last Saturday, April 2. While Justin Bieber dominated the music field, Selena Gomez became the favorite in TV category, and Miley Cyrus was hailed Favorite Movie Actress, two athletes took home the prizes in sport.
Alpine ski racer Lindsey Vonn and basketball center Shaquille O'Neal were named the favorites by the kids. 26-year-old Lindsey bagged an orange blimp for Favorite Female Athlete, beating Danica Patrick, Serena Williams and Venus Williams. 39-year-old Shaq won the male counterpart, besting over Peyton Manning, Michael Phelps and Shaun White.
Also voted as the favorites among the kids were the "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" series and "Just Dance 2". "Wimpy Kid" garnered Favorite Book prize, while "Just Dance 2" reigned over "Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem", "Need for Speed: Hot Purs" and "Super Mario Galaxy 2" as Favorite Video Game.
The 24th Annual Kids' Choice Awards was aired live on Nickelodeon from USC Galen Center in Los Angeles. Jack Black served as third-time host with musical performances from Big Time Rush and Willow Smith among others. Presenters included the likes of Steven Tyler, Russell Brand, Jane Lynch and Kim Kardashian.
Justin Timberlake was presented The Big Help Award by Rosario Dawson for his devotion to charities, and Josh Duhamel was inducted into the Arm Fart Hall of Fame. While Johnny Depp had fun spraying the slime to the crowd, other celebrities found themselves slimed. Heidi Klum, Jason Segel and Snoop Dogg were some of them.
- Favorite Male Athlete: Shaquille O'Neal
- Favorite Female Athlete: Lindsey Vonn
- Favorite Book: "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" series
- Favorite Video Game: "Just Dance 2"
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story