2011 Kids' Choice Awards Winners in Music: Justin Bieber and Katy Perry
The winners of Nickelodeon's 2011 Kids' Choice Awards have been announced at a star-studded ceremony live from the Galen Center at the University of Southern California on April 2. In music, Justin Bieber led the pack by sweeping two kudos; Favorite Male Singer and Favorite Song.
In the former category, the Canadian pop idol won over his mentor Usher and his seniors like Jay-Z and Bruno Mars. In the latter, he beat Katy Perry ("California Gurls"), Train ("Hey, Soul Sister"), and Taylor Swift ("Mine"). Unfortunately, the 17-year-old singer was in Berlin for his world tour when the show was held, but he managed to send his thank-you message.
Another winner who was absent from the prize-giving event over the weekend was Perry. After losing Favorite Song to Bieber, she topped Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez and Swift in taking home Favorite Female Singer, but she wasn't there to collect the trophy because she is also currently in Europe for her world tour.
This meant Black Eyed Peas were the only music winner who were present at the awards show. Performing two songs "The Time (Dirty Bit)" and "Just Can't Get Enough" that night, the Hip-Hop group grabbed Favorite Music Group title. They beat Jonas Brothers, Big Time Rush and Lady Antebellum.
- Favorite Music Group: Black Eyed Peas
- Favorite Male Singer: Justin Bieber
- Favorite Female Singer: Katy Perry
- Favorite Song: "Baby" - Justin Bieber
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video