'DWTS' Host Hesitant to Interview Chris Brown After 'GMA' Incident
"Dancing with the Stars" host Tom Bergeron is one person who is not fully on ABC's side when the network decides to invite Chris Brown to perform on the show after he threw a rant on the set of fellow ABC program "Good Morning America". Bergeron admitted that he would have the urge of creating an awkward situation if he's to interview Brown.
While talking to "On Air With Ryan Seacrest", Bergeron said, "I did tell the producers it may be to their advantage to not have me interview him, because my natural tendency would be to say something. So don't put me in a position where you are asking me to not say something, because I really won't do that. Even if it's just a snarky little aside, you know, 'How was your week?' " He jokingly added, "They will probably have me in a Hannibal Lecter suit!"
Brown has been in the difficult position since he assaulted then-girlfriend Rihanna in 2009. In the past few days since the "GMA" incident, there was a debate of why ABC would forgive the "Kiss Kiss" singer by inviting him to perform on "DWTS" but banned Adam Lambert to perform again after he kissed his male bassist at American Music Awards.
There was even a rumor that the Alphabet is going to milk Brown's position by conducting the first ever interview that would reunite him and Rihanna. The network is yet to comment on this.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective