'DWTS' Host Hesitant to Interview Chris Brown After 'GMA' Incident
"Dancing with the Stars" host Tom Bergeron is one person who is not fully on ABC's side when the network decides to invite Chris Brown to perform on the show after he threw a rant on the set of fellow ABC program "Good Morning America". Bergeron admitted that he would have the urge of creating an awkward situation if he's to interview Brown.
While talking to "On Air With Ryan Seacrest", Bergeron said, "I did tell the producers it may be to their advantage to not have me interview him, because my natural tendency would be to say something. So don't put me in a position where you are asking me to not say something, because I really won't do that. Even if it's just a snarky little aside, you know, 'How was your week?' " He jokingly added, "They will probably have me in a Hannibal Lecter suit!"
Brown has been in the difficult position since he assaulted then-girlfriend Rihanna in 2009. In the past few days since the "GMA" incident, there was a debate of why ABC would forgive the "Kiss Kiss" singer by inviting him to perform on "DWTS" but banned Adam Lambert to perform again after he kissed his male bassist at American Music Awards.
There was even a rumor that the Alphabet is going to milk Brown's position by conducting the first ever interview that would reunite him and Rihanna. The network is yet to comment on this.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Ciara Hits Recording Studio
- Jason Momoa's 'Aquaman' Gets New Release Date
- Report: David and Victoria Beckham Are Separating
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie