Pics: Kate Winslet Premieres 'Mildred Pierce' in NYC
HBO is ready to launch the first part of its miniseries "Mildred Pierce" on March 27. In order to promote the show, leading stars Kate Winslet, Evan Rachel Wood, Melissa Leo and Guy Pearce stepped out to Ziegfeld Theatre in New York City on Monday, March 21 and did a red carpet appearance for the press.
Winslet, who plays the titular character, was dressed in Stella McCartney and carried a Calvin Klein bag. Co-star Pearce suited up in Burberry suit while Wood donned a plum long sleeve jersey cocktail dress and matching peep-toe platforms from Elie Saab.
"Mildred" is based on James M. Cain's classic noir novel. Winslet's character is a wife who separates from her unemployed husband, Bert (Brian F. O'Byrne), and takes a job as a waitress while struggling to earn her daughter Veda's (Wood) love during the Great Depression in middle-class Los Angeles.
- Scott Disick Who? Bella Thorne Reveals She Has Her Eye on Someone New
- Charlie Sheen Accused of Infecting Gay Lover With HIV
- Gwen Stefani Is Reportedly Pregnant With Twins and Wants Advice From Beyonce
- 'Big Little Lies' Season 2 Is in Early Development
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Expecting 3rd Child
- Demi Lovato and Halsey Squash Feud Rumors With One Cute Selfie
- Watch Charli XCX's Adorable 'Boys' Video Starring Joe Jonas, Charlie Puth, Jay Park and More Hotties
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Firefighter Spin-Off Casts Jaina Lee Ortiz