Pics: Kate Winslet Premieres 'Mildred Pierce' in NYC
HBO is ready to launch the first part of its miniseries "Mildred Pierce" on March 27. In order to promote the show, leading stars Kate Winslet, Evan Rachel Wood, Melissa Leo and Guy Pearce stepped out to Ziegfeld Theatre in New York City on Monday, March 21 and did a red carpet appearance for the press.
Winslet, who plays the titular character, was dressed in Stella McCartney and carried a Calvin Klein bag. Co-star Pearce suited up in Burberry suit while Wood donned a plum long sleeve jersey cocktail dress and matching peep-toe platforms from Elie Saab.
"Mildred" is based on James M. Cain's classic noir novel. Winslet's character is a wife who separates from her unemployed husband, Bert (Brian F. O'Byrne), and takes a job as a waitress while struggling to earn her daughter Veda's (Wood) love during the Great Depression in middle-class Los Angeles.
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers