Pics: Kate Winslet Premieres 'Mildred Pierce' in NYC
HBO is ready to launch the first part of its miniseries "Mildred Pierce" on March 27. In order to promote the show, leading stars Kate Winslet, Evan Rachel Wood, Melissa Leo and Guy Pearce stepped out to Ziegfeld Theatre in New York City on Monday, March 21 and did a red carpet appearance for the press.
Winslet, who plays the titular character, was dressed in Stella McCartney and carried a Calvin Klein bag. Co-star Pearce suited up in Burberry suit while Wood donned a plum long sleeve jersey cocktail dress and matching peep-toe platforms from Elie Saab.
"Mildred" is based on James M. Cain's classic noir novel. Winslet's character is a wife who separates from her unemployed husband, Bert (Brian F. O'Byrne), and takes a job as a waitress while struggling to earn her daughter Veda's (Wood) love during the Great Depression in middle-class Los Angeles.
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?