Pics: Kate Winslet Premieres 'Mildred Pierce' in NYC
HBO is ready to launch the first part of its miniseries "Mildred Pierce" on March 27. In order to promote the show, leading stars Kate Winslet, Evan Rachel Wood, Melissa Leo and Guy Pearce stepped out to Ziegfeld Theatre in New York City on Monday, March 21 and did a red carpet appearance for the press.
Winslet, who plays the titular character, was dressed in Stella McCartney and carried a Calvin Klein bag. Co-star Pearce suited up in Burberry suit while Wood donned a plum long sleeve jersey cocktail dress and matching peep-toe platforms from Elie Saab.
"Mildred" is based on James M. Cain's classic noir novel. Winslet's character is a wife who separates from her unemployed husband, Bert (Brian F. O'Byrne), and takes a job as a waitress while struggling to earn her daughter Veda's (Wood) love during the Great Depression in middle-class Los Angeles.
- First Minute of 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 7B Premiere Lands Online
- Kim Kardashian Reacts to Baby No. 3 Bombshell, Says Surrogacy Is Also an Option
- Find Out Why Kourtney Kardashian Won't Date a Rapper or Athlete Like Her Sisters
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Teaser Is Out, Captain America Will Make a Cameo
- Report: Kim Kardashian Gets in Top Shape to Prepare for Single Life Without Kanye West
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 3 Thins the Herd as Some Singers Are Sent Back Home
- Jared Padalecki and Wife Welcome Baby Girl - See the First Photo
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'