Pics: Kate Winslet Premieres 'Mildred Pierce' in NYC
HBO is ready to launch the first part of its miniseries "Mildred Pierce" on March 27. In order to promote the show, leading stars Kate Winslet, Evan Rachel Wood, Melissa Leo and Guy Pearce stepped out to Ziegfeld Theatre in New York City on Monday, March 21 and did a red carpet appearance for the press.
Winslet, who plays the titular character, was dressed in Stella McCartney and carried a Calvin Klein bag. Co-star Pearce suited up in Burberry suit while Wood donned a plum long sleeve jersey cocktail dress and matching peep-toe platforms from Elie Saab.
"Mildred" is based on James M. Cain's classic noir novel. Winslet's character is a wife who separates from her unemployed husband, Bert (Brian F. O'Byrne), and takes a job as a waitress while struggling to earn her daughter Veda's (Wood) love during the Great Depression in middle-class Los Angeles.
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?
- Daniel Radcliffe Plays Corpse on Red Carpet of 'Swiss Army Man' Premiere
- Matthew McConaughey Could Be Your Teacher. Actor Is Going to Teach at University of Texas
- Drake 'Never Stops' Loving Rihanna
- 'Underworld: Blood Wars' Release Date Is Pushed Back to 2017
- Amber Rose on Kanye West's 'Famous': 'I've Worked My F***ing Ass Off'
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby