First Promo of 'The Voice': Judges Take Seats
The first promo of NBC's "The Voice" has been released, revealing the four judges on their rotating seats. From the preview, it is known that Blake Shelton and Adam Levine would sit on the two ends, pitting Christina Aguilera and Cee-Lo.
"What's exciting about 'The Voice' is that we have the best in the business looking for the next best and not willing to just go 'You suck', 'You're great, good luck out there kids'," host Carson Daly gushed as Levine smashed an electric guitar. "It's less about being judgmental and more about helping them out," said the Maroon 5 frontman.
Based on a popular Dutch show, the judges won't find out about a contestant's face until they turn around because they like his or her voice. "There is no good and bad," Aguilera said in the press conference. "This isn't about tearing people down. I want to bring these people up. The Voice really does stand for what it says. Instinctually, you can judge people based on the way they look."
The winner, who will be dubbed "The Voice", will receive a recording contract from Sony Music and $100,000. Show begins April 26 on NBC.
More The Voice News
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'