First Promo of 'The Voice': Judges Take Seats
The first promo of NBC's "The Voice" has been released, revealing the four judges on their rotating seats. From the preview, it is known that Blake Shelton and Adam Levine would sit on the two ends, pitting Christina Aguilera and Cee-Lo.
"What's exciting about 'The Voice' is that we have the best in the business looking for the next best and not willing to just go 'You suck', 'You're great, good luck out there kids'," host Carson Daly gushed as Levine smashed an electric guitar. "It's less about being judgmental and more about helping them out," said the Maroon 5 frontman.
Based on a popular Dutch show, the judges won't find out about a contestant's face until they turn around because they like his or her voice. "There is no good and bad," Aguilera said in the press conference. "This isn't about tearing people down. I want to bring these people up. The Voice really does stand for what it says. Instinctually, you can judge people based on the way they look."
The winner, who will be dubbed "The Voice", will receive a recording contract from Sony Music and $100,000. Show begins April 26 on NBC.
More The Voice News
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'