'American Idol' Top 13 Standouts: Pia Toscano and James Durbin
The Top 13 round of "American Idol" separated the good from the mediocre. Among those who stood out on the pre-taped episode were Pia Toscano and most of the guys. Pia belted out Celine Dion's "All by Myself" with her signature high and diva-like notes and got praised by Randy Jackson for nailing one of the dreaded big-three female singers.
James Durbin also charmed his way to the judges' heart with his rendition of Paul McCartney's "Maybe I'm Amazed". "Yo, this dude can do anything man," Randy said, adding "James Durbin is dangerous!" Jacob Lusk was also triumphant with the uplifting single from R. Kelly, "I Believe I Can Fly". Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez both said it's hard to judge someone who is so good. "Pure passion, pure music, I can't even judge ya, that's how good you are," Steven noted.
Other stand-outs included Scotty McCreery who stood by his country flavor and Casey Abrams who did Joe Cocker's cover of The Beatles' "With a Little Help From My Friends". About the former, Randy commented, "If it ain't broke, don't even consider fixin' it" and about the latter Steven said, "You are a rainbow of talent, man ... and you are a plethora of passion."
Meanwhile, Lauren Alaina who is expected to do well, struggled through her performance and so did Ashthon Jones and Paul McDonald. The others were just given mediocre reviews from the judges but none did drastically bad.
Thursday would be the result night which has invited "Idol" alum Adam Lambert and Diddy-Dirty Money.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones