'American Idol' Group Day Eliminates 68 Contestants
Group Day on "American Idol" this season wilts it down 100 as some notable contestants were sent home. Paris Tassin, who became an early favorite with her soulful voice and her touching story about her hearing impaired daughter, was among the eliminated ones.
Taking the same route as Paris was Rob Bolin whose ex lover Chelsee Oaks passed this stage along with Jacqueline Dunford. And then there was Tiffany Rios who shocked the judges during her audition with the star bras. She was sent home together with duet partner Jessica Yantz.
Meanwhile, Jacee Badeaux almost did not make it when he struggled on the song "Mercy". But then his group explained that he was kicked out of the old one at the last minute and that he did not know the song. Jacee and his group, Brett Loewenstern, Denise Jackson, Stevie Cain and Natalie Hanson, all made it through.
On Thursday night, the remaining contestants will be trimmed to 50 and this batch would be sent to Las Vegas.
- 'Saturday Night Live' Taps Kristen Stewart as the Next Host
- Armie Hammer Responds to 'Green Lantern Corps' Rumor
- Big Sean Performs 'Bounce Back', Premieres 'Sunday Morning Jetpack' on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Louis Tomlinson Reunites With Briana Jungwirth to Celebrate Their Son's 1st Birthday
- Luke Bryan to Sing National Anthem at Super Bowl
- 'Veronica Mars' Boss Hints at Potential Revival
- Artist of the Week: Kehlani
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington