'American Idol' First Hollywood Week Sheds It to 168
Couples whom viewers have seen in this season of "American Idol" go through different routes after the first Hollywood week. Jacqueline Dunford and Nick Fink, the sugary pair who auditioned together in Arizona, had to be separated from each other as she went through and he failed to proceed.
Fink, who came up first, sang Paolo Nutini's "New Shoes" while Dunford belted out Sam Cooke's "Bring It on Home to Me". His voice was rather weaker than the one in the audition, while she showed strong performance. They held hands as the judges tried to divide them into two lines.
To Fink's disappointment, his girlfriend went to the next round while he was sent home. He didn't take the news so well, grabbing the mic to plead the judges. "I wanted to continue with his baby. I'm so happy for her, but I just wish you guys would let me sing, like, a teeny bit more," he begged. Randy Jackson told him no.
Fink and Dunford coincidentally were roomed with the other couple. Ex-lovers Rob Bolin and Chelsee Oaks auditioned together in Nashville and they proved to the judges that they were good together as well as separately. Bolin and Oaks went through to the next round which is the group singing.
Other notable singers who passed the first Hollywood stage are Brett Loewenstern (the curly boy who was bullied), Paris Tassin (the single mother of special-need child), James Durbin (whose voice matches Adam Lambert's), Lauren Alaina (15-year-old who sang an Aerosmith), Chris Medina (the guy with paralyzed girlfriend), Jacee Badeaux (15-year-old with some falsetto) and Scotty McCreery (the 17-year-old with the deepest voice). All in all 327 were trimmed down to 168.
More American Idol News
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern