'American Idol' Nashville Audition Finds Kelly Clarkson 2.0
"American Idol" producer Nigel Lythgoe once tweeted about a "really talented" 15-year-old whom they found in Nashville. His followers finally got the look of the girl he's talking about in the January 27 episode. Lauren Alaina was saved for the last and drew comparison to season 1 winner Kelly Clarkson.
Alaina sang Faith Hill's "Like We Never Loved at All" and Randy Jackson stopped her to say, "Best we've seen today". As Alaina cried in happiness, Steven Tyler said, "I think you should cry, cos you're going to make 40 million people cry." After giving the ticket to Hollywood Jennifer Lopez said, "I can't wait to see you again."
Alaina has a cousin, who was diagnosed with a brain tumor, to inspire her to sing. But Alaina was not the only amazing singer with a story to tell. The Nashville audition also brought in Chelsee Oaks and Rob Bolin, who are ex-lovers. When dating, they used to sing together but Chelsee has now seen another man. They auditioned together and Tyler said they are "one voice". Chelsee and Rob were given three "yeses". "They're gonna get back together," Lopez teased after they left.
Then there was Matt Dillard whose family has taken care of hundreds of foster children. Although Lopez did not approve his voice, Jackson and Tyler gave him a chance. Once again Lopez was in disagreement with the guys when 2009 Miss Teen USA came for her 'talent'. Lopez thought her voice was so small but the other two let her through anyway.
Adrienne Beasley made quite an impression on Tyler who could not put a finger on what it is about her that was special. She is an African-American girl who was adopted by a white couple when she was 2 years old, and lives in a farm. "You really surprised me there in the middle," Lopez said.
Next week, the audition moves to Austin, Texas.
- Lauren Alaina
- Matt Dillard
- Miss USA
- Chelsee and Rob
- Adrienne Beasley
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington
- Like It or Not, Donald Trump's Inauguration Draws Second Biggest Ratings in 36 Years
- Madonna Defends 'Blowing Up the White House' Remark as Secret Service Is Planning to Investigate Her
- Is 'Once Upon a Time' Preparing a Musical Episode in Season 6?
- 'Split' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Hits $1 Billion Worldwide
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' Stays at No. 1, The xx's 'I See You' Nabs Second Place on Billboard 200
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video