68th Golden Globes: Jim Parsons and Laura Linney Are Best TV Comedy Actors
Jim Parsons once again blocked Alec Baldwin from winning a trophy for his role on "30 Rock". One fifth of "The Big Bang Theory" gang snatched Best Performance by an Actor in a TV Series, Comedy or Musical at 68th Annual Golden Globes. He won over Baldwin in the similar category at the Primetime Emmy last year.
Parsons had an interesting counter with Baldwin on the red carpet earlier that evening. His interview with Ryan Seacrest was followed by Baldwin's so Seacrest politely asked Parsons to move on. Before he left the screen, Parsons told his 'rival', "Oh my god, you have trumped the entire red carpet with your damn political bids! Unbelievable."
If Parsons won the Actor category, it was Laura Linney who won the Actress counterpart. Unfortunately, "The Big C" actress was not able to attend the event so presenters Vanessa Williams and Blair Underwood accepted on her behalf.
There's one more category to announce in the TV field. Best TV Series, Comedy or Musical would see a competition between "30 Rock", "The Big Bang Theory", "The Big C", "Glee", "Modern Family" and "Nurse Jackie".
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free
- Britney Spears Recalls Being on 'Awkward' Dates, Says 'Being Famous Doesn't Make You Any Different'
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami