68th Golden Globes: Jim Parsons and Laura Linney Are Best TV Comedy Actors
Jim Parsons once again blocked Alec Baldwin from winning a trophy for his role on "30 Rock". One fifth of "The Big Bang Theory" gang snatched Best Performance by an Actor in a TV Series, Comedy or Musical at 68th Annual Golden Globes. He won over Baldwin in the similar category at the Primetime Emmy last year.
Parsons had an interesting counter with Baldwin on the red carpet earlier that evening. His interview with Ryan Seacrest was followed by Baldwin's so Seacrest politely asked Parsons to move on. Before he left the screen, Parsons told his 'rival', "Oh my god, you have trumped the entire red carpet with your damn political bids! Unbelievable."
If Parsons won the Actor category, it was Laura Linney who won the Actress counterpart. Unfortunately, "The Big C" actress was not able to attend the event so presenters Vanessa Williams and Blair Underwood accepted on her behalf.
There's one more category to announce in the TV field. Best TV Series, Comedy or Musical would see a competition between "30 Rock", "The Big Bang Theory", "The Big C", "Glee", "Modern Family" and "Nurse Jackie".
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie