68th Golden Globes: Jane Lynch and Claire Danes Are Best TV Actresses
The awards giving continues at 68th Golden Globe Awards with more of "Glee" and HBO shows. After Chris Colfer's victory for "Glee" in the Supporting Actor in a Series, Mini -Series or TV Movie, his co-star Jane Lynch takes the Supporting Actress category for her performance as the "Glee" character that also won her an Emmy last year.
"I am nothing but falsely humble!" Lynch says as the audience laughed. She went on thanking the "Glee" writers for coming up with such an evil and witty character as Sue Sylvester. Last year Chloe Sevigny won the title for her role on "Big Love".
Claire Danes also goes home with a trophy that night for her titular role in HBO's TV movie "Temple Grandin". The actress says, "This is so cool", before getting emotional about her win. Last year, Drew Barrymore of "Grey Gardens" won the same category for HBO.
Al Pacino also adds the number of wins HBO is collecting by taking the Best Actor in a Mini-Series or TV Movie. He plays the titular character in TV movie "You Don't Know Jack" about an American doctor known for a number of assisted suicides. Pacino receives a standing ovation when receiving the trophy.
"Boardwalk Empire", which has won earlier through Steve Buscemi, walks away with Best TV Series Drama. The whole cast and creator Terrence Winter go to the stage to accept the prize. "Mad Men" won the title last year although it is nominated again this year.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy