68th Golden Globes: Jane Lynch and Claire Danes Are Best TV Actresses
The awards giving continues at 68th Golden Globe Awards with more of "Glee" and HBO shows. After Chris Colfer's victory for "Glee" in the Supporting Actor in a Series, Mini -Series or TV Movie, his co-star Jane Lynch takes the Supporting Actress category for her performance as the "Glee" character that also won her an Emmy last year.
"I am nothing but falsely humble!" Lynch says as the audience laughed. She went on thanking the "Glee" writers for coming up with such an evil and witty character as Sue Sylvester. Last year Chloe Sevigny won the title for her role on "Big Love".
Claire Danes also goes home with a trophy that night for her titular role in HBO's TV movie "Temple Grandin". The actress says, "This is so cool", before getting emotional about her win. Last year, Drew Barrymore of "Grey Gardens" won the same category for HBO.
Al Pacino also adds the number of wins HBO is collecting by taking the Best Actor in a Mini-Series or TV Movie. He plays the titular character in TV movie "You Don't Know Jack" about an American doctor known for a number of assisted suicides. Pacino receives a standing ovation when receiving the trophy.
"Boardwalk Empire", which has won earlier through Steve Buscemi, walks away with Best TV Series Drama. The whole cast and creator Terrence Winter go to the stage to accept the prize. "Mad Men" won the title last year although it is nominated again this year.
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'
- Prince's Paisley Park Home Will Be Open for Public in October
- Terminally Ill Fan Got Special Screening of 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Before Passing
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week