'HIMYM' Hires John Lithgow as Mystery Dad
One of the biggest mysteries on "How I Met Your Mother" would be revealed in an upcoming episode. The producers have cast an actor, a prominent one, to play Barney's father who has gone MIA for most of Barney's life.
John Lithgow, who won Golden Globe through his role on "Dexter", is nearing a deal to play Neil Patrick Harris' on-screen pop, Jerome Whitaker. The case of Barney's father has been brought as an issue since the first season when he was led to believe by his mother that "The Price Is Right" host Bob Barker was his old man.
It is still unclear how Jerome will re-enter Barney's life. TV Line which was first to report the casting also did not provide further details. "How I Met" returns on screen January 17 with Marshall's father's funeral.
On another news, Katy Perry has done filming her guest starring spot on the sitcom. The singer, who will play the role of Zoey's cousin named Honey, posted a photo of her with Harris on the set.
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date