'HIMYM' Hires John Lithgow as Mystery Dad
One of the biggest mysteries on "How I Met Your Mother" would be revealed in an upcoming episode. The producers have cast an actor, a prominent one, to play Barney's father who has gone MIA for most of Barney's life.
John Lithgow, who won Golden Globe through his role on "Dexter", is nearing a deal to play Neil Patrick Harris' on-screen pop, Jerome Whitaker. The case of Barney's father has been brought as an issue since the first season when he was led to believe by his mother that "The Price Is Right" host Bob Barker was his old man.
It is still unclear how Jerome will re-enter Barney's life. TV Line which was first to report the casting also did not provide further details. "How I Met" returns on screen January 17 with Marshall's father's funeral.
On another news, Katy Perry has done filming her guest starring spot on the sitcom. The singer, who will play the role of Zoey's cousin named Honey, posted a photo of her with Harris on the set.
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington
- Like It or Not, Donald Trump's Inauguration Draws Second Biggest Ratings in 36 Years
- Madonna Defends 'Blowing Up the White House' Remark as Secret Service Is Planning to Investigate Her
- Is 'Once Upon a Time' Preparing a Musical Episode in Season 6?
- 'Split' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Hits $1 Billion Worldwide
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' Stays at No. 1, The xx's 'I See You' Nabs Second Place on Billboard 200
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video