'HIMYM' Hires John Lithgow as Mystery Dad
One of the biggest mysteries on "How I Met Your Mother" would be revealed in an upcoming episode. The producers have cast an actor, a prominent one, to play Barney's father who has gone MIA for most of Barney's life.
John Lithgow, who won Golden Globe through his role on "Dexter", is nearing a deal to play Neil Patrick Harris' on-screen pop, Jerome Whitaker. The case of Barney's father has been brought as an issue since the first season when he was led to believe by his mother that "The Price Is Right" host Bob Barker was his old man.
It is still unclear how Jerome will re-enter Barney's life. TV Line which was first to report the casting also did not provide further details. "How I Met" returns on screen January 17 with Marshall's father's funeral.
On another news, Katy Perry has done filming her guest starring spot on the sitcom. The singer, who will play the role of Zoey's cousin named Honey, posted a photo of her with Harris on the set.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences