'HIMYM' Hires John Lithgow as Mystery Dad
One of the biggest mysteries on "How I Met Your Mother" would be revealed in an upcoming episode. The producers have cast an actor, a prominent one, to play Barney's father who has gone MIA for most of Barney's life.
John Lithgow, who won Golden Globe through his role on "Dexter", is nearing a deal to play Neil Patrick Harris' on-screen pop, Jerome Whitaker. The case of Barney's father has been brought as an issue since the first season when he was led to believe by his mother that "The Price Is Right" host Bob Barker was his old man.
It is still unclear how Jerome will re-enter Barney's life. TV Line which was first to report the casting also did not provide further details. "How I Met" returns on screen January 17 with Marshall's father's funeral.
On another news, Katy Perry has done filming her guest starring spot on the sitcom. The singer, who will play the role of Zoey's cousin named Honey, posted a photo of her with Harris on the set.
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years
- Nick Young Wants Chris Brown Out of Their Neighborhood: 'You're Making the Block Hot'
- New 'Jumanji' Film Adds Karen Gillan in Major Role
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius