Katy Perry Lands Spot on 'HIMYM' as Zoey's Cousin
Katy Perry is the latest pop star who has signed up to make an appearance on hit U.S. comedy "How I Met Your Mother". The "California Gurls" singer will make her sitcom debut playing a "beautiful and naive" girl who is given the nickname Honey.
In a release, series co-creator Carter Bays said of his guest star, "Katy is a tremendous talent, and we are delighted to be able to work with her." The episode would be called "Oh Honey" but its release date is still unknown. According to CBS, Honey is the cousin of Jennifer Morrison's Zoey and "the gang resorts to calling [her] 'Honey'."
Perry isn't the first singer to land a role on the series - Britney Spears, Nicole Scherzinger and Carrie Underwood have all made scene-stealing cameos in the show.
This would be Perry's first appearance in a primetime sitcom. She previously played with Elmo on "Sesame Street" and got slammed for her revealing outfit. In response to the criticism, Perry appeared on "Saturday Night Live" with a good view of her cleavage.
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary