Katy Perry Lands Spot on 'HIMYM' as Zoey's Cousin
Katy Perry is the latest pop star who has signed up to make an appearance on hit U.S. comedy "How I Met Your Mother". The "California Gurls" singer will make her sitcom debut playing a "beautiful and naive" girl who is given the nickname Honey.
In a release, series co-creator Carter Bays said of his guest star, "Katy is a tremendous talent, and we are delighted to be able to work with her." The episode would be called "Oh Honey" but its release date is still unknown. According to CBS, Honey is the cousin of Jennifer Morrison's Zoey and "the gang resorts to calling [her] 'Honey'."
Perry isn't the first singer to land a role on the series - Britney Spears, Nicole Scherzinger and Carrie Underwood have all made scene-stealing cameos in the show.
This would be Perry's first appearance in a primetime sitcom. She previously played with Elmo on "Sesame Street" and got slammed for her revealing outfit. In response to the criticism, Perry appeared on "Saturday Night Live" with a good view of her cleavage.
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans
- Michael Jackson's Songs Are Reportedly Not Allowed to Be Featured in 'Bubbles'
- The Weeknd Buys $18 Million Luxurious House. Will Selena Gomez Move In?
- Celine Dion and Cher Reportedly Feuding at BBMAs