Katy Perry Lands Spot on 'HIMYM' as Zoey's Cousin
Katy Perry is the latest pop star who has signed up to make an appearance on hit U.S. comedy "How I Met Your Mother". The "California Gurls" singer will make her sitcom debut playing a "beautiful and naive" girl who is given the nickname Honey.
In a release, series co-creator Carter Bays said of his guest star, "Katy is a tremendous talent, and we are delighted to be able to work with her." The episode would be called "Oh Honey" but its release date is still unknown. According to CBS, Honey is the cousin of Jennifer Morrison's Zoey and "the gang resorts to calling [her] 'Honey'."
Perry isn't the first singer to land a role on the series - Britney Spears, Nicole Scherzinger and Carrie Underwood have all made scene-stealing cameos in the show.
This would be Perry's first appearance in a primetime sitcom. She previously played with Elmo on "Sesame Street" and got slammed for her revealing outfit. In response to the criticism, Perry appeared on "Saturday Night Live" with a good view of her cleavage.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed