Katy Perry Lands Spot on 'HIMYM' as Zoey's Cousin
Katy Perry is the latest pop star who has signed up to make an appearance on hit U.S. comedy "How I Met Your Mother". The "California Gurls" singer will make her sitcom debut playing a "beautiful and naive" girl who is given the nickname Honey.
In a release, series co-creator Carter Bays said of his guest star, "Katy is a tremendous talent, and we are delighted to be able to work with her." The episode would be called "Oh Honey" but its release date is still unknown. According to CBS, Honey is the cousin of Jennifer Morrison's Zoey and "the gang resorts to calling [her] 'Honey'."
Perry isn't the first singer to land a role on the series - Britney Spears, Nicole Scherzinger and Carrie Underwood have all made scene-stealing cameos in the show.
This would be Perry's first appearance in a primetime sitcom. She previously played with Elmo on "Sesame Street" and got slammed for her revealing outfit. In response to the criticism, Perry appeared on "Saturday Night Live" with a good view of her cleavage.
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Jason Statham Welcome Baby Boy. See His First Picture!
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting