Katy Perry Lands Spot on 'HIMYM' as Zoey's Cousin
Katy Perry is the latest pop star who has signed up to make an appearance on hit U.S. comedy "How I Met Your Mother". The "California Gurls" singer will make her sitcom debut playing a "beautiful and naive" girl who is given the nickname Honey.
In a release, series co-creator Carter Bays said of his guest star, "Katy is a tremendous talent, and we are delighted to be able to work with her." The episode would be called "Oh Honey" but its release date is still unknown. According to CBS, Honey is the cousin of Jennifer Morrison's Zoey and "the gang resorts to calling [her] 'Honey'."
Perry isn't the first singer to land a role on the series - Britney Spears, Nicole Scherzinger and Carrie Underwood have all made scene-stealing cameos in the show.
This would be Perry's first appearance in a primetime sitcom. She previously played with Elmo on "Sesame Street" and got slammed for her revealing outfit. In response to the criticism, Perry appeared on "Saturday Night Live" with a good view of her cleavage.
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott 'Definitely Looked Like a Couple' at NBA Game
- Aaron Hernandez Asked to Share Prison Cell With Alleged Gay Lover
- 'Jurassic Park' Alum Jeff Goldblum Joins 'Jurassic World 2'
- 'The Voice' Live Top 12 Eliminations: Who Is the First to Get Sent Home?
- Justin Bieber Is Featured on DJ Khaled's Star-Studded Single 'I'm the One'
- Nicki Minaj's Getting Trolled for Blonde Bob Wig: 'I'm Tired of Being Bullied'
- Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Concerns Among School Officials and Health Experts
- Report: Taylor Swift and Harry Styles Getting Back Together