'Deathly Hallows: Part 1' Breaks IMAX Record, Second Part Gets Synopsis
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" will make itself memorable in movie industry for it continues breaking record. After marking the best bow for the franchise, the movie has broken worldwide opening record for IMAX theaters, IMAX Corporation announced on Tuesday, November 23.
The first part of the last two installments from "Harry Potter" movie series grossed $16.1 million globally in IMAX(R) theaters which is bigger than previous records. $11.8 million of the total number was from the running in 239 domestic IMAX screens, while $4.3 million was a result from the screenings in 101 international IMAX theaters.
Debuted on November 19, the movie has set a number of records including becoming the franchise best bow. "Deathly Hallows: Part I" took in $125 million on its opening weekend, surpassing "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" which raked in $102.7 million from its first weekend in 2005.
In the meantime, Warner Bros. Pictures is gearing up to the release of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II" on July 15, 2011. The studio has unveiled synopsis for this last "Harry Potter" film.
"In Part 2 of the epic finale, the battle between the good and evil forces of the Wizarding world escalates into an all-out war. The stakes have never been higher and no one is safe. But it is Harry Potter who may be called upon to make the ultimate sacrifice as he draws closer to the climactic showdown with Lord Voldemort. It all ends here," the official plot says.
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'