Not Yet Released, 'Deathly Hallows: Part 1' Has Broken Records
Warner Bros once again is going to achieve high with "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I". Two days before it storms out U.S. theaters, the movie has already broken records, including for being played in 3,700 midnight locations starting Friday 12:01 A.M.
The film also sets a November record for the "Harry Potter" franchise as it will open in 4,125 theaters. Additionally, "Deathly Hallows: Part I" will play in 239 IMAX theaters, much more than "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" which ran only in 166 IMAX screens.
Another record is that the studio has $25 million in advance ticket sales. "All good news for a huge HP weekend," a Warner Bros exec tells Deadline Hollywood. Fandago adds that it's now sold out more than 2,200 showtimes of "Deathly Hallows: Part I" in advance of its midnight opening.
In the meantime, the young-wizards movie has risen to no. 5 advance online ticket seller of all-time today at MovieTickets.com, closely trailing "Half-Blood Prince" at number 4. "With less than 48 hours still available for advance ticket purchases prior to the film's premiere, it could climb even higher," MovieTickets.com says.
"Deathly Hallows: Part I" will see Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson returning as Harry, Ron and Hermione respectively. Together, they set out on a perilous mission to track down and destroy the secret to Voldemort's immortality and destruction - the Horcruxes. Meanwhile, Harry is drawing ever closer to the ultimate battle with Voldemort.
David Yates directs this movie as well as "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II", which is planned to be released in 3-D on July 15, 2011.
More Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I News
- Iggy Azalea Slams Nick Young's Baby Mama, Accuses Her of Wanting Attention and Money
- 'Harry Potter' Star Tom Felton Joins 'The Flash' as Series Regular. Is He an Ally or Foe?
- Kate Hudson Bares Her Butt Again, Goes Completely Naked in This NSFW Pic
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting