Oprah's Interview With the Jacksons Airs After Molestation Episode
Back in early October, Oprah Winfrey's trucks pulled over the Jackson family compound in Encino, prompting rumor that she was planning one of the most coveted interviews ever in "The Oprah Winfrey Show" history. This week, new details confirmed the rare TV interview with Michael Jackson's children and parents.
A picture, published by People, gives the hard evidence that Oprah sat down with Katherine and Joe Jackson as well as Prince, Paris and Blanket at their house's backyard. Katherine, who had been quiet since Michael's death, reportedly would talk about Michael's childhood, the day her son died, and how they have been coping up. Also within one hour, there may be discussion of her lawsuit against concert promoter AEG and the family's legal woes with Michael's estate.
Harpo Productions confirmed on Monday that the episode would air on Monday, November 8 but refused to reveal who else from the Jackson family would appear. Some said Oprah was trying to secure a one-on-one with mother of Michael's children, Debbie Rowe, but nothing is confirmed yet. Moreover, Randy Jackson is most likely not featured since he condemned his mother's decision to expose the Jackson kids to camera.
On the other news, the show is slammed for airing the Jackson family special back-to-back with a child molestation episode. According to the show's site "200 Adult Men Who Were Molested Come Forward" would air on Friday, November 5 but Harpo insists it was not deliberate. A rep told TMZ, "There is no connection whatsoever between the two shows. This is purely coincidental."
Oprah has once landed on hot water over her coverage of pedophilia during jury deliberations in Michael Jackson's molestation trial in 2005.
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?