Justin Bieber 'Officially Tapped' to Host 'Punk'd' Reboot
Justin Bieber is set to be Ashton Kutcher's successor in playing pranks on people especially celebrities. MTV is reportedly bringing back "Punk'd" with Bieber as the new host and Kutcher as the executive producer via Katalyst Entertainment.
"Punk'd" began in 2003, made a name in pop culture and ended its four year run in 2007. According to New York Mag's The Vulture the 16-year-old "has been all but officially tapped as the host", "assuming all details can be worked out." If the old format is adopted again, then Bieber would participate in the pranks in the first few episodes before resorting to mostly introducing the segments only.
MTV and Bieber's camp have not addressed the rumor but EW's source said Bieber is indeed "involved" with a reboot. If the project is ever to materialize, Deadline predicts that it would premiere next year.
Bieber is no stranger to playing pranks to fellow celebrity. He famously called Miley Cyrus in the middle of the night several times. Cyrus told Billy Bush on his show, "It sounded like a little kid. I was like, 'Oh my gosh, I am so mad.' Then I get a text, he's like, 'Ha ha'."
More Justin Bieber News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'