Justin Bieber 'Officially Tapped' to Host 'Punk'd' Reboot
Justin Bieber is set to be Ashton Kutcher's successor in playing pranks on people especially celebrities. MTV is reportedly bringing back "Punk'd" with Bieber as the new host and Kutcher as the executive producer via Katalyst Entertainment.
"Punk'd" began in 2003, made a name in pop culture and ended its four year run in 2007. According to New York Mag's The Vulture the 16-year-old "has been all but officially tapped as the host", "assuming all details can be worked out." If the old format is adopted again, then Bieber would participate in the pranks in the first few episodes before resorting to mostly introducing the segments only.
MTV and Bieber's camp have not addressed the rumor but EW's source said Bieber is indeed "involved" with a reboot. If the project is ever to materialize, Deadline predicts that it would premiere next year.
Bieber is no stranger to playing pranks to fellow celebrity. He famously called Miley Cyrus in the middle of the night several times. Cyrus told Billy Bush on his show, "It sounded like a little kid. I was like, 'Oh my gosh, I am so mad.' Then I get a text, he's like, 'Ha ha'."
More Justin Bieber News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked