Fantasia Barrino: I Didn't Try to Harm Myself Over a Man
Fantasia Barrino has been willing to talk about her recent suicide attempt when making appearance on "Good Morning America" on Tuesday morning, August 24. The "American Idol" alum told host Robin Roberts that she didn't try to take her own life over a man.
"I think everybody feels like I tried to harm myself over a man. But I've been through a lot of bad relationships. That had something to do with it because it was so heavy, it was brand new information," Fantasia said. "I was already going through so much but I think it was just six years of everything, of me holding everything on the inside and not letting it out. I just got very, very tired."
Fantasia earlier revealed that her suicide attempt was the result of all her insufferable feelings over intense public scrutiny. She said, "I think I was just overloaded with everything, with carrying six years of so much... it just became heavy for me to the point where I wanted to be away from the noise."
"Even when I stepped on the 'Idol' stage, I caught so much drama about being a young mom, not having my high school diploma, the way I spoke, me taking off my shoes," Fantasia continued. "It was always something wrong with me and they kept trying to point out little things but I fought through that and I won the 'Idol'."
The singer added, "Coming after that, I did my lifetime movie and I did my book and I spoke about just my life before then (and) the struggles that I went through to get to where I am today and they picked out things about that that they didn't like and they lashed out... the (home) foreclosure."
However, Fantasia revealed that she has been helped a lot by her life coach, saying "I get to speak with a life coach now and that's something I've never done. I'm glad that I have a life coach in my life because he's been teaching me some things. He asked me, 'Are you ready to go back to work?' and at first I didn't think I was ready to come back because I didn't know what I was stepping into."
Fantasia Barrino on "Good Morning America":
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'