Fantasia Barrino Is 'Stable Now' Following Suicide Attempt
"American Idol" champ Fantasia Barrino was hospitalized in Carolinas Medical Center-Pineville on Monday night, August 9 after overdosing on aspirin and a sleep aid. However, the singer's manager Brian Dickens, on Tuesday, released a statement which read, "Fantasia is stable now. She will be released from the hospital soon."
"Her injuries are not life threatening. She was dehydrated and exhausted at the time," Brian further revealed, confirming that Fantasia was admitted to hospital after taking "an overdose of aspirin and a sleep aid." Adding that Fantasia is currently getting better, her father Joseph Barrino told Radar Online, "She's doing fine."
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department revealed that the Monday night incident was classified as a suicide attempt, an "801 - suicide". According to police report, which lists Brian as the reporting person, Fantasia was found with "possible internal injuries" after "ingesting medication."
The incident itself happened hours after Brian addressed Paula Cook's claims which mentioned Fantasia has a sex tape featuring her and Antwaun Cook, who is a husband of Paula. Brian said, "Fantasia read Mrs. Cook's complaint against Mr. Cook for the first time yesterday. She knows some of the allegations in Mrs. Cook's complaint are totally false. There are others she strongly doubts. There is plenty she does not know."
While Brian refused to address the alleged sex tape, he admitted, "Fantasia and Mr. Cook dated on and off for about eleven months. Fantasia believed Mr. Cook when he told her he was not happy in his marriage and his heart was not in it... Fantasia fell in love with Mr. Cook and believed that he loved her."
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says