Confirmed, Eminem to Perform at MTV VMAs
The organizers of MTV Video Music Awards have locked Eminem to perform at the September 12 ceremony. The current Billboard Hot 200 chart topper is to join a number of music acts which have been announced earlier to take the stage at Los Angeles' Gibson Amphitheater.
With Eminem on the list, MTV VMAs officially becomes one of the most anticipated events of this year. Kanye West who crashed the stage while Taylor Swift was making a speech last year, is invited back to perform and rumor has it, host Chelsea Handler would reunite them at some point.
Beside Eminem and West, there are also teen heartthrob Justin Bieber, Drake, B.o.B and Florence and the Machine. Deadmau5 will become the in-house DJ. Meanwhile, on-hand to present are Ke$ha, Nicki Minaj, Emma Stone, Penn Badgley, Trey Songz, Ashley Greene, Selena Gomez and Ne-Yo.
Eminem is the second most nominated artist at the awards event this year behind Lady GaGa. He scores eight nominations including Video of the Year for "Not Afraid". Upon the announcement of the nominations, the rapper said, "Apparently, MTV doesn't care that I have two massive stadium shows on the other side of the country the day after the VMAs. F me, right?!?! I mean, I'll be there, but don't expect me to be nice about it."
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'
- Colin Firth and Patrick Dempsey Fight Over Renee Zellweger in New 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Trailer
- Khloe Kardashian and Trey Songz Get Touchy-Freely While Leaving Her Birthday Bash Together
- Drake Pictured Filming 'One Dance' Video in Africa
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.03 Preview: Ali Fights Back
- Lisa Marie Presley Splits From Michael Lockwood After 10 Years of Marriage
- Kylie Jenner Kisses Tyga in This Sexy Photobooth Pic