Justin Bieber Is Chased by Girls in MTV VMAs Promo and He Loves It
Justin Bieber recalls his journey to stardom in the promotional clip of upcoming MTV Video Music Awards. The video follows the Canadian teen singing sensation as he performs his song in his bedroom and uploads it on the Internet. From taking over the web, he continues conquering the world and will spread his Fever at his next stop, the VMAs.
"I'm kind of like The Beatles running, and there's girls chasing after me," Bieber said. He further shared that filming the scenes is not too hard since being hounded by female fans is his everyday experience. "Everything's been going pretty smooth," he stated, before adding "I like girls chasing me, so it's good."
In another VMAs news, Deadmau5 has been recruited as house band of this year's show. "Dance wasn't always considered pop, and people like Lady GaGa and [David] Guetta and those guys really brought it out to the commercial market," he said. "I'm just getting a lot more fans and God bless it, and that's the goal of being an artist is to get yourself heard by any means possible."
The 2010 MTV Video Music Awards will air live from Nokia Theater in Los Angeles on Sunday night, September 12 at 9 P.M. ET/PT. Nicki Minaj, Selena Gomez, Emma Stone, Ne-Yo, Penn Badgley and Trey Songz are tapped as presenters. Kanye West, Drake and Florence and the Machine are booked as musical guests.
Host and additional performers as well as presenters are going to be announced in the coming weeks. In the meantime, fans can vote for the winners at vma.mtv.com. This year, the nominations list is dominated by Lady GaGa with 13 nods, but Justin Bieber manages to vie for one category, Best New Artist. He is competing against Ke$ha, Jason Derulo, Nicki Minaj and Broken Bells.
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'