Holli Ugalde Beats Jay Santos in 'Hell's Kitchen' Finale
Holli Ugalde, the banquet chef with minimal experience in the dining business, managed to trample competition and lover Jay Santos in the seventh season of "Hell's Kitchen". The 24-year-old won the final challenge on Tuesday, August 10 finale and officially becomes the head chef of Gordon Ramsay's The Savoy Grill restaurant in London.
"Holli won because she's grown as a chef more than any other chef in Hell's Kitchen," Gordon said. "At the start, she was barely noticeable. But then, she got her confidence, she emerged, and there was no holding her back. I'm absolutely thrilled she'll be working for me at The Savoy Grill in London."
Holli herself was in positive mood, saying after finding out that she is a winner, "I am so excited, yeah! It's crazy." Meanwhile, Jay who fell in love with Holli during the competition said, "I'm not psyched about losing, but it was very close and Holli did a great job and deserved to win."
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger