Holli Ugalde Beats Jay Santos in 'Hell's Kitchen' Finale
Holli Ugalde, the banquet chef with minimal experience in the dining business, managed to trample competition and lover Jay Santos in the seventh season of "Hell's Kitchen". The 24-year-old won the final challenge on Tuesday, August 10 finale and officially becomes the head chef of Gordon Ramsay's The Savoy Grill restaurant in London.
"Holli won because she's grown as a chef more than any other chef in Hell's Kitchen," Gordon said. "At the start, she was barely noticeable. But then, she got her confidence, she emerged, and there was no holding her back. I'm absolutely thrilled she'll be working for me at The Savoy Grill in London."
Holli herself was in positive mood, saying after finding out that she is a winner, "I am so excited, yeah! It's crazy." Meanwhile, Jay who fell in love with Holli during the competition said, "I'm not psyched about losing, but it was very close and Holli did a great job and deserved to win."
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest